What kind of time is the average shop taking to do center pins on a loader? I’m quoting a job and I’m back and forth on it. I’m not trying to leave a pile of money on the table but I don't want to sell my self short. My gut is telling me 40 man hours is a reasonable figure, any one have any idea what Deere is quoting for a k series loader? Normally I throw a rough number out there and man hours are man hours but in this situation I’m kind of stuck with my figure, unless I can provide evidence of an unforeseen issue that required disassembly to find. I don't want to over shoot and lose the job or under shoot and lose my ass haha.
Deere's listed time for a "K" is 26 hrs, but that is a little tight. Quoting 35-40 would be good. Especially if you haven't done one before.
Hey thanks! I fired it off last night at 40hrs my gut says I can do it faster but I played it safe. I’m quoting against the dealer so If they quote off book time I might have lost that one but we’ll see.
Your hourly rate versus the dealer rate may save you.
Ya they told me today Deere quoted them $4500.00. Forget the labor just the parts my cost was just over $3500.00, I told them to sign that quote quick haha. We’ll see how it shakes out but it’s looking like the dealer has their pants around their ankles
From a distance it appears the 2 quotes are apples and oranges. Your parts list must be more extensive. Also the dealer must have been quoting parts at list and your cost was at full retail. Will be very interesting if you do hear where it “shakes out“ .
I would agree something’s not adding up