Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere Software – EDL Hardware Options?

Birken Vogt ยท 2021-01-02 16:28

I am thinking of getting some kind of Deere software (for generator engines) and wondering what the options are. I am trying to gain a full understanding of how these things work. Is the Nexiq Deere EDL the only option at $1000? Is there a different hardware adapter that will work instead? Software will probably be Texa. Unless someone says Cojali is better for some reason. Things we would like to do: -Look for developing faults on annual maintenance program. -Read fault codes in case of failure to assist in repair. -Injector trim codes if necessary. By way of example, a 4045HF285 is one of the units we see a fair number of.

Replies1
  1. #1mg23612021-01-04 04:46

    If using Service Advisor, yes. If using Texa I think their own adapters will work. Deere runs the industry standard J1939 protocol for their "CAN" system so I don't see why other "EDL'S" wouldn't work. They just have to be compatible with with the diagnostic software being used.