Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere Tractors in Alaska

akroadrunner ยท 2011-05-29 12:41

Most of these are parked along the Kenai Spur Hwy, north of Kenai. Not sure, but I think many of them may have been fixed up by a local retired oilfield worker, Doug Anderson. One of these machines is parked in front of Alaska Bolt and Chain in Soldotna. I posted some pics of a John Deere dozer sitting with it in the dozer thread.

Replies9
  1. #1akroadrunner2011-05-29 12:44

    More Deere tractors. Spur Hwy.

  2. #2akroadrunner2011-05-29 12:48

    A few More Deere tractors. Spur Hwy.

  3. #3akroadrunner2011-05-29 12:51

    Almost Done Here. Spur Hwy.

  4. #4mitch5042011-05-29 15:17

    anybody else recognize the 2 not-deeres in the first 2 pics in post 4?

  5. #5akroadrunner2011-05-29 21:10

    I knew they weren't all deeres. For example the one that says FORD. Didn't expect anyone would think I was trying to trick them.

  6. #6mitch5042011-05-29 21:48

    No, I didn't think you were trying to trick us. I figured anybody would recognize the IH in the first pic, I just wondered if anybody knew what the other, less common one was, the one w/ the v8 Cat? One fellow around here had a fleet of them.

  7. #7stumpjumper832011-05-29 22:19

    the second one is a white 4-1xx? Most of the whites were cummins or white powered in that series, there was some 3208 v-8 cats in some 2155 olivers, and white owned oliver at that time. Could have been a dealer option as to the power plant. http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=6266829& The IH is a 66 or 86 series that I suspect has been modified as air compressors were not a factory tractor option, but the trucks had them, I suspect its a truck motor originally. The snow groomer is something that I've never seen before.

  8. #8mitch5042011-05-29 22:23

    One of my customers owned 3 Whites w/ the 3208, that looked just like that. Maybe it was an option. I didn't even notice the compressor on the IH.

  9. #9EGS2011-05-30 07:57

    That IH is a 766. I think that the wheel base is to short to be a 966. It isn't a 86 series because then the throttle and T/A levers would be in the dash. I like that '36,'37 round spoke A if it had the correct front rims it would be worth some serious money.