I wanted to start off by saying hello to everyone, this is my first post on the forums. I am currently Working on a Johndeere 310SJ that is having some electrical issues as well as transmission issues. Customer stated that the machines parking brake would not release and after the customers mechanic tried a few things it was dumped in my lap to solve. So far here is what I know. Parking brake will not release. I have swapped the Diff. lock solenoid with the parking brake solenoid, no change. Verified the pressure switch on top of the parking brake housing is good. I pulled the line from the transmission to the parking brake housing and verified when the parking brake is commanded off no oil is coming out. I have checked the transmission system pressure and have 0 psi no matter what position the the paddle shifter is in or what RPM. I don't have the correct transmission filter adapter to perform the flow test but did pull the filter ( bone dry ) then started the machine for about 10-15 seconds and not a drop of oil is coming out. Dip stick shows full of oil. I'm leaning towards the transmission pump has failed at this point but I currently have limited resources as far as service info. Is there anything else in the transmission that could cause no pressure/no flow besides a failed pump? As far as the electrical side of things I am having a problem with the machine staying running longer than 30 seconds before shutting off, almost like its running out of fuel. I found that by pulling the lift pump relay the machine will stumble slightly but continue to run for about another 30 seconds before dying. No faults show up for this on the monitor, I've chased the wires and so far haven't turned up much aside from the ignition relay getting considerably warm. My main focus is the transmission issues before the electrical issues for right now. The machines S/N: T0310SJ178015 Any tips, tricks or nudge in the right direction is greatly appreciated!
Welcome to HEF Zachary ! My money is on a broken nose cone on the torque converter, which will also damage the transmission pump. Regardless, with zero pressure and no oil flow, the transmission needs to come out.
mg2361 , That's kind of what I was also suspecting myself as well. Correct me if I'm wrong here but if the cone was broken wouldn't I loose my hydraulic functions as well? Hydraulics work on the machine, we used the hoe to limp it out of the field and onto a trailer to be brought here to me in the shop. So that would mean that the cone is still intact to be able to run the pump off the back of the transmission. I am not super familiar with these ZF transmissions yet. You wouldn't by any chance know where to get a good manual for the transmission would you?
Nope, the hydraulic pump is driven by a shaft that splines into the front of the torque converter, internally. The nubs on the back side of the torque converter (called the nose cone) only drives the transmission pump. @Bigbert Nope. You might want to reach out to a member named Bigbert. He seems to have a lot of ZF information. I think the model number of your transmission is a WG94.