Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Joy Stick Cap Removal

davis1676 ยท 2014-04-25 20:06

How does this Controller Handle come off this thing. I dont want to tear up the handle. The old one just screws off but this one has the pull up spring loaded handle on top and I am not familar with it.

Replies13
  1. #1willie592014-04-25 20:15

    The very top knob should unscrew CCW. Once it's removed, there's a snap ring on the stem that holds the spring and bottom portion of knob to stem.

  2. #2davis16762014-04-25 20:22

    ok I will try that. Thank you.

  3. #3barklee2014-04-25 22:33

    I am drawing a very annoying blank right now....... i think i did one of these last year and the top cap wouldnt un screw and i had to stick something in that hole in the top side, this locked the inner sleeve (i think)...... or something like that! I just remember this being a problem

  4. #4willie592014-04-25 22:50

    Come on barklee, you're not helping, really dig in that head of yours and remember the trick. :yup

  5. #5barklee2014-04-26 09:35

    Willie, this head has exceeded max capacity!!! Smoke is rolling trying to think back......

  6. #6willie592014-04-27 00:02

    Ha, we don't care, just dig the info out of there and dish it out to us.

  7. #7barklee2014-04-27 19:49

    Nothing left to dish....... But i do remember having to stuff a small allen wrench in there to keep something locked. Maybe it was my imagination thinking i had to do that.....

  8. #8davis16762014-10-16 23:32

    i stuck a small screwdriver in the cap hole and unscrew cap while it still has the screwdriver in the hole.

  9. #9D11RCD2014-11-27 06:45

    What is that joystick from if you don't mind my asking?

  10. #10clintm2014-11-27 08:35

    look's like a JLG boom lift

  11. #11D11RCD2014-11-28 05:59

    Ah. Thankyou- I will remember that one

  12. #12davis16762014-11-28 18:48

    It was a JLG 450A manlift. This type toggle may be used on other models not sure.

  13. #13D11RCD2014-11-28 21:57

    Thank you! The only reason I ask is I am compiling a list of odd things to undo like this... haha might come in handy one day...