Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JRB quick coupler parts

dayexco ยท 2009-01-05 18:11

we have a 544G deere with a JRB coupler. it is getting a little on the "loose" side...not bad, but to the point where i want to tighten it up before it hammers out next spring. JRB apparently doesn't make replacement pins/bushings/inserts for them...or at least they're not selling them. any of you know a good aftermarket source for these items?

Replies1
  1. #1Taylortractornu2009-01-23 23:42

    About 8 years ago when I worked for Huffman we had a Komatsu WA250 IT loaders we had forks, buckets and jibs, and a blade for. I did most of themechanic work there the Feamale hoop on top of the buckets coupler had worn down a little and was shearing roll pins in the hydraulic pin setter. I called and got them to tell me their radius on the male part and sure enough the female part was worn on the bucket. I went to the pipefitters and got a foot of pipe that had the same ID radius as themale end. I split it with a portaband and weleded them on the male horns. it worked pretty good got everything lined up right. I also ad some pins on another one on the Hydraulic pin setter that was a pain. I couldnt order a set and it was the pins that were worn, It made the bucket rattle like heck in transit and was a pain. I used a sleeve called a speedy sleeve that you can get to go on a worn shaft where a seal mounts. that bushed them out for about 2 years. the the next time i saw it I had quit that company and was working near home they hauled it to the house and I made 2 new pins on the lathe out of an old hydraulic cylinder ram.