Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JSW excavator Japan Steel Works

trombeur · 2023-08-04 14:16

Japan Steel Works, Ltd BH70L does anyone know this brand and these excavators, does anyone know the numerical series and the classes of excavators made, the company only built excavators or other machinery as well, thanks, I await information. engine deutz 6 cil

Replies12
  1. #1Tones2023-08-04 16:07

    Like most Jap excavators of that time the model size related to the standard bucket size. Komatsu was the exception. I never had anything to do with them and for what ever reason weren't that popular. They also sold a twin engine excavator of about 30 tons. The reason for the 2 engines was they couldn't source hydraulic pumps big enough so they used the engine and pumps off a smaller machine IIRC.

  2. #2trombeur2023-08-05 01:57

    JSW Excavators Remembered www.earthmoversmagazine.co.uk

  3. #3trombeur2023-08-06 13:04

    I don't think these excavators are ancestors of Japanese komatsu, hitachi or kobelco, I couldn't find information even on wikipedia

  4. #4Tones2023-08-06 17:14

    JSW Excavators Remembered www.earthmoversmagazine.co.uk A few came to New Zealand as well

  5. #5Welder Dave2023-08-06 18:26

    I've seen a few in Canada but I don't recall the odd shaped door windows on them. I remember them being orange but a lighter orange than Hitachi. I seem to recall reading JSW had a (design) partnership with another brand but can't remember who. I could be mistaken though. It was quite awhile ago I've seen one.

  6. #6JimInOz2024-01-24 00:28

    I think there was a link to O&K . Saw a few in Australia,in the 80s. I have a few JSW manuals for sale.

  7. #7aongheas.macask2024-01-24 06:40

    JCB

  8. #8OzDozer2024-01-24 07:00

    They started production in 1964 and built their excavators under a licensing agreement with German manufacturer O&K (Orenstein & Koppel), with the first model produced being the RH5. In the late 1970’s the company began to develop their own machines. The BH range were loosely based around the O&K technology. These models started with the BH45 and BH70 machines which were essentially modified versions of the O&K RH4 and RH6 machines. By the early 1980’s the company produced a range of five tracked excavators ranging from the 6.2-tonne BH30, the BH40, the BH50, the BH80, to the 27-tonne BH110. In certain regions the machines were marketed under trade names of Nikko-O&K, or just simply as Nikko machines. They weren't a bad excavator, but they lacked service and spares backup and JSW gave away the manufacture of excavators by the late 1980's, to concentrate on steel production. There's still the one odd one running in Australia. 1985 JSW BH 50 - JHW3293040 - JUST HEAVY EQUIPMENT Click to find out more about this 1985 jsw bh 50 sold in strathewen vic . Stock Number: JHW3293040 at JUST HEAVY EQUIPMENT www.justheavyequipment.com.au

  9. #9uffex2024-01-25 08:05

    I can recall Demex the owner was a bit of a character, had a all electric controlled Akerman H16

  10. #10trombeur2024-01-26 05:14

    Thanks for the clarification. If you have any other information, I invite you to participate in the discussion. Thanks.

  11. #11cs735i2024-04-12 09:12

    greetings Jim. Carl here from the USA. Can I get more info on the BH50 manuals you have? Appreciate it, thanks

  12. #12JimInOz2024-04-14 21:42

    Hi..will get back to you asap. Hi Carl, I only have manuals for BH 70,80 & 110. Happy to send details if these fit your needs. PM me for info.