Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

jumpy boom on my 2023 Kubota KX040-5

52ironman ยท 2026-07-26 23:50

This machine has only 25 hours and my first digging job. I am building a 24X45 pole building. Digging the holes for the posts in very rocky soil. rocks from 2" up to about 16" and every where in between. The Kubota mechanic already had to come out and adjust the hydraulic pressure as the whole machine was jumpy moving forward or backward. He said at the factory they set the control pressures by turning in or out the screw but that they dont use gauges to make sure the pressure is correct. This seems like a poor practice when selling a machine as expensive as this was. Now when lifting or lowering the boom it tends to jump so bad I have to let go of the joy stick. It seems not so bad when first starting. and even when warm sometimes its fine but then it just starts to jump again. I have tried moving the control very slowly and it still does it. with or without any dirt in the bucket. I am only digging with the 12" bucket at this time. Does this sound like a relief valve adjustment issue? Any thought would be greatly appreciated Regards, Joe

Replies0

No replies yet.