I work for a scrap and savlage company. we get scrap from everywhere and sort/shear/burn/crush it then load it onto ocean barges to go the smelter/shredder. Here is a couple pics of some of the operation The liehberr is a 934 with a 5 tong orange peel. the trucks are old and busted euclid r22's with giant box extensions added. the green truck is a terex which we just aquired actually quite nice to drive.
nice pictures,I like the modified dump bodies on the (euclid?) dump truck.
cool pics. Nice side extensions!:drinkup
Cool pics! I have one question to ask: Do y'all ever get the urge to pick those old euclid's up and throw them in the shredder? Serious question: Where does most of the processed scrap go to? Overseas?
I've always been very interested in this type of business. As it is, we already generate tons of steel and aluminum with my rim crushing operation. But I'm only getting about 100 per ton for the crushed steel wheels and I feel I'm getting taken at those rates.
Nice pictures and equipment there Born operator. You guys are lucky you got concert to work on, down at our scrap yard it is nothing but dirt, well now mud since it has been raining for 3 days.
Ya everyday i get the urge to throw those euc's on the barge headed for the shredder. Damn some truck drivers are dumb! Anyhow I would say 99% of our scrap goes to washington to be shredded (from there ????) In the pictures it doesn't show the muddy parts of the yard but I can assure you that it is all not paved. on a side note we usually load and send a 250' X 85' barge south every two days. we just shipped 9000 tons of bonus/ tin&cars that we loaded in 3.5 days. so those poor old euc's dont get much of a rest. Either do the poor drivers who are on the other end of swinging orange peel grapples full of bonus. (bonus is anything <4'x4' heavy pure steel) Ahhhhhhh sweet revenge.!
some more pics of recent here are a couple more from the night shift 1 is a new 944 30000 ......needless to say a little loose!! 5 a little scenery
Nice pictures, where is all that scrap going?
most of the scrap heads for somewhere down in washington state to get shredded and then shipped to "who knows where" On another note Lashlander I have had the pleasure of visitng your neck of the woods many of times......not quite as far north as you but in the souther part of the state anyhow........and i must say its damn nice.