Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Just bought 2003 Volvo ec210b lc think the swing berring is bad

03 EC210 ยท 2016-04-21 20:54

I am new to owning excavators but I have rented them for years. I just bought a 2003 Volvo ec210b lc and I think the swing berring is bad. It runs great and works fine but I can feel and see the machine wobble slightly. I grease it before each work day. How can I tell if and how bad it is and can I continue to use it carefully and slowly with a lot of grease. There is no grinding noises just a slight vibration when I push stuff with the side of the bucket. (V11360) Thank you in advance

Replies5
  1. #1uffex2016-04-23 11:39

    Slewing ring View attachment Swin Rings.pdf Good day 03 EC210 Your concern brought back memories of a report I made some years ago here is a copy I hope it is useful. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #203 EC2102016-04-23 15:52

    Thank You so much for the information uffex. I am still out working right now but can't wait to look it over when I get home

  3. #303 EC2102016-04-23 20:33

    Looked over the slew ring pdf. It gives me hope. I know a boat race guy that has a gauge like that. I will borrow it and take a measurement. But what scares me is just from eyeballing it, it looks more like a 1/4 inch of play rather then a few millimeters. Thanks again

  4. #4uffex2016-04-24 10:20

    Good day Ec210 Looks can be very deceiving however let me point out that a slew ring bearing that is about to fail will cause the final drive of the swing gearbox to give up in most case's . If the oil level is good in the box you may well have no problem. Kind regards Uffex

  5. #503 EC2102016-04-24 12:43

    The oil level is good in box and very clean. By looking at the box itself it appears that work was recently done to it.