I just bought a 680E, and it has a few issues First it dosn't go forward or reverse after it heats up. I was told this is a shuttle shift issue. Does anyone know where I can get a shuttle shift rebuild kit, or know where I should start on the machine. Also I know it has the 366 engine, are there any precaustions I should take with this. I picked it up for 5000, and am planning on using it to put in a small 200 tree orchard. any advice is welcome. We just bought the 30 acres so I'm sure it is a solid investment, just trying to wrap my head around it. will be going through the manual tonight...
I have to ask why you bought it with what could be a major problem [no fwd/rev] ? I'd be looking into getting my $5000 back.
I believe looking at a lot of different forums it should be a fairly strait forward fix. In my mind I will have a strong am machine (80-90hp) for less than 7k...
Mike, Any experience with 680's
Not sure if there are any aftermarket parts for those 680 shuttles, Case maybe your only option. Best thing you can do is get some part numbers & start googling...... Would be a good idea to at least do some pressure tests, both cold & warm, before you dive into it.
The older machines are [to me] easier to work on, not being loaded with chips, etc. O rings and seals can always be found, but, like alrman said, you may be hard pressed to find other parts, useable ones at least. Just want to point out you posted this in the wheel loader section, you might get more action moving it up to the loader/backhoe section.