Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Just bought a 1998 john deere 850C.

Mathew ยท 2011-03-28 13:13

I hope I did the right thing. From the picture's it look's really good but they alway look better in the pictures. I hope I do not get it home and it turns into a train reck. Now I have to sell my IH 15C bulldozer. It should be here by the end of the week. Maybe a little much for just a farm dozer.

Replies7
  1. #1Deereman2011-03-28 20:50

    Yes pictures can be totally different from the real thing. Did i miss you saying you got to operate it? Either way I hope it serves you well. Be sure to get us up some pictures when you get it.

  2. #2Mathew2011-03-28 21:40

    No I just takeing the guy's word that it is good. I guess I'm old school hope the guy will stick it to me. Heck it's a deere it has to be good.

  3. #3dblaneyfan2011-03-28 22:57

    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Your faith in mankind has brought a tear to my eye...lmao! That Deere comment was priceless, too! :roll I do wish you the best of luck, though.

  4. #4BearOnt2011-04-15 16:41

    I have had several 850 Deere dozers. They were all great machines. Hope it works out well for you.

  5. #5motrack2011-04-15 17:30

    Buying a Deere 850 you did not check out is foolishness. Unless you got it CHEAP not worth the gamble if it has hydro issues.

  6. #6jrm15042011-04-15 19:39

    Nonsense! We are looking at a D6N for a farm dozer...the D5 isn't big enough.

  7. #7ILLICEMAN2011-04-15 20:33

    Well tRY A 750 C II deere.I traded my d 5 H which I did like.I do find the Deere to be a great replacement.:cool2