Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Just bought a 300 Ton Liebherr need support near Topeka!

Isaac Hillstrom ยท 2020-03-28 20:17

Hello all I just bought a Liebherr crane for a contract we have in the state of Kansas. First time crane owner. If you guys know of any support techs or hose and rubber places near Topeka please let me know its a 2002 model and i know we will be having to replace parts and hoses as we go. I am new to the site and any help would be greatly appreciated. P.S. If any of you guys are snapchat users we have a crane channel as well. Just add cranecrewusa Thanks!

Replies19
  1. #1dirty4fun2020-03-28 20:33

    It is a good looking machine, hope it treats you well!

  2. #2Isaac Hillstrom2020-03-28 20:39

    Thank you this is the first big swing were taking so we are also hoping it goes well!

  3. #3laycobeau2020-03-30 10:32

    Try Berry Tractor 1750 SW 41st Street Topeka, KS 66609 Phone: (785) 266-9509 If they can't they will know who can

  4. #4Welder Dave2020-03-30 13:25

    First time crane owner... and a 300 ton crane... The new definition of "Go big or go home"

  5. #5Raildudes dad2020-03-30 19:07

    Sure hope he's not a 1st time operator. First time I climbed into a crane - my PH 15 ton truck crane was seat puckering for me just playing around with it.

  6. #6Isaac Hillstrom2020-04-01 06:59

    Haha no certainly not a first time operator. We will be standing up 140 foot poles that weigh around 90k I'll share some photos. Thanks for the info laycobeau.

  7. #7wildpig12342020-04-09 21:40

    what's the crane model? LTM 1300?

  8. #8RollOver Pete2020-04-09 21:45

    Looks like the job in Kansas is going well.

  9. #9Isaac Hillstrom2020-04-09 21:50

    It's an LTM1250 it's going decent at the moment!

  10. #10wildpig12342020-04-09 22:38

    Looks more like LTM 1300 to me. LTM 1250 is only 5 axle. The crane in pic is 6 axle

  11. #11Isaac Hillstrom2020-04-09 22:45

    LTM 1250 is a six axle until more recent model years. I'm not sure exactly when but the newer 1250s are 5 axle

  12. #12wildpig12342020-04-09 23:23

    comes with any jib? i always like the luffing jibs

  13. #13Isaac Hillstrom2020-04-09 23:29

    Yeah it has full luffer.

  14. #14wildpig12342020-04-09 23:36

    http://www.trucks-cranes.nl/english/cranes/liebherr/michielsens1250.html Some more pics of another 1250 6.1 with luffing jib. Hopefully you get a chance to string up that luffer soon and take some pics of it! I got a few models of mobile cranes and every single one of them i got a luffing jib!

  15. #15Isaac Hillstrom2020-04-10 00:00

    Do you have any currently available?

  16. #16Isaac Hillstrom2020-04-10 00:03

    I also see you have some foundation Cranes. I have one available for a steal! 1998 soilmec sm870 for 45k

  17. #17Isaac Hillstrom2020-04-10 00:03

    A buddy down in Texas owns it. If no one scoops it up it's going auction this month

  18. #18wildpig12342020-04-10 19:17

    looks like that solimec is a 65t crane? just a little smaller than liebherr 855.. i have a liebherr 855 model and i always like the look of these smaller cranes

  19. #19Isaac Hillstrom2020-04-10 19:19

    Yeah it's a 65 ton. Me too versatile little machines!