Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Just bought a Case 1835 Skid Steer and had a couple questions…

redcheetah · 2011-04-11 20:16

As the title says I just bought a 1981 Case 1835 with the 188 diesel motor. It is a low hour machine that was bought as part of a lot of equipment and just sat there in a yard until I bought it. It starts runs, etc. but I wanted to baseline the maintenance on it and needed a bit of guidance. Does anyone have a link to a PDF of the operator’s/owner’s manual? I am looking to find out what type of hydraulic fluid and oil the machine takes. Additionally, there are a series of lights on the driver’s right side roof pillar and a small toggle switch. I have no idea what these do although I occasionally see a light come one and I figure they are important. Anyone have any guidance on these? I have owned other tractors in the past but not a skid steer. I would appreciate any guidance – thanks.

Replies1
  1. #1jrcampbe2011-12-13 16:39

    Hello, I just bought one of these (a B model), did you ever find a PDF manual? Thanks, Jim