Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Just bought a Galion T500C

ericscher ยท 2017-04-27 18:43

I am looking for any and all information, personal experiences, advice, etc. Also looking for books, manuals, etc

Replies8
  1. #1ericscher2017-04-28 21:16

    37 Views and NOBODY has any information/experience/advice?

  2. #2cuttin edge2017-04-29 08:53

    Not everyone owns, owned, or ran a Galion. Just have to wait for the right person I guess.

  3. #3repowerguy2017-04-29 09:14

    Watcha wanna know? I worked for a company that had one they bought from a Twp. sans a tranny. Bought a takeout from a T-600 and it was off to the races. Good old school seat of the pants machine with a noisy cab. Took off the lift cyl. locks so fine grading was much easier. Also tossed the governor control and made a accelerator pedal for it and a pedal for the de clutch in the tranny. Great machine with lots of power. I've had a couple posts with no responses either, not everyone is into what you are right now

  4. #4ericscher2017-04-29 13:14

    Oh, I get that. I was commenting more to bump the thread more than anything else. Anyway, I want to know anything you can tell me. I'm sure that you don't want to write a book, so maybe you could start with whatever seems to you to be the kind of stuff I'd want/need to know first. At the moment I know basically nothing. Not even the weight, though my research seems indicate it's around 13 tons, give or take a ton.

  5. #5repowerguy2017-04-29 19:35

    First thing is find a Komatsu dealer,which in Columbus is Columbus Equipment, they will be your parts hook up, or Equipment Salvage in Cambridge Oh. These fellas have alot of new, used, and aftermarket parts for Galion. Buy some spring clamp hose pliers off a tool truck, you'll need them to take off the boot clamps off the hyd. valve body. Which engine is in the ole girl? IH, Detroit, or Cummins? I see you're a Buckeye, OH.......

  6. #6ericscher2017-04-29 22:37

    Well, I am not what you'd call positive about it, but I THINK it's a 4-71 Detroit Diesel. It's the one that Franklin Equipment was selling. Believe it or not, I ended up buying it because I couldn't rent a bulldozer. (all out) Galion T500C at Franklin <--- Link http://www.franklinequipment.com/se...olumbus-Ohio-USA-1979-Galion-T500C-[2358119]/

  7. #7Metalman 552017-04-30 18:03

    Agreed, the four inspection covers shown in the top picture give it away as a 4-71 I believe. Likely 140-150 hp range. How about some more pictures of the grader?

  8. #8ericscher2017-04-30 23:16

    Click the link above the first picture.