Good afternoon All!! I have been creeping on here for a couple months and reading about the type of excavator I wanted to get within my price range. I am not a mechanic or never owned any type of heavy equipment so this forum is a great resource for me to learn! I have been reading the forums on what I should look for when buying and I ended up going with a PC75UU-2 with 3200 hours on it; offset boom, steel tracks with the rubber inserts on them but unfortunately no thumb :<. $17,500 CAD. I am going to have to take it to a local shop and get a thumb as I really need it for moving tree's and larger rocks out of the way. The first thing I would like to do on the machine is maintenance to make sure it is good to go for the summer. All contact points look greased up so I want to do an oil/filter change and??. I have been trying to find the PC75UU-2 Service Shop Repair Manual but no luck. I have searched the forums and only found some links to ebay and they will ship me a CD from Australia....I would love to just get a PDF version, does anyone know where I can purchase one from? I do not know how long the excavator has been sitting for so is there is there anything that I should check or tune up? (hydraulic fluid??). What does a regular maintenance trip consist of? (Oil change, fluid top ups, pressure wash engine bay??). Sorry for all the questions, I was hoping the manual could tell me all the tasks I need to do during maintenance and I would either learn how to do it or ask the GF's Dad to teach me when he comes down.(He is a heavy duty mechanic). Thanks for any advice and your help!
Anyone for service and maintenance should/must do's?? Thanks
What I ended up doing when I had one was to just call Komatsu and order the books, cost around $300 but they are a must have. I'd check the Hydraulic fluid, final drive oil levels and swing motor oil level for starters. Keep an eye on the wirring harness on the Z-boom (that goes to the potentiometers), watch for possible pinchpoints or worn spots and fix them before you have a problem. They're a great machine, just keep the fluids clean and changed and you shouldnt have any major problems. (p.s. theres an over ride toggle switch behind the metal grill bellow the seat (picture behind your knees when your sitting in the machine) that will over ride the system lock out if you have problems with the potentiometer system so you can get it home or whatever, just beware that it also takes out the safety parameter that keeps the bucket from hitting the cab when the z boom is articulated)
That's great information! Thank you very much. I hope I don't need to use the switch but I am sure happy you told me where it is! I will defiantly go and buy the books for when I am out in the field.. Thanks for your help!