So I just purchased my first skidsteer. Its a bobxat 643 with the kubota diesel. Machinw is nice everything seems to function properly. Only problem is the transmission light stays on, I decided to do a little maintnence by changing engine oil, hydraulic filter and oil, and fue filter. What I found was hydro reservoir was filled to the top, and oil was milky white. Im going to drain the tank, but my question is what should I do to completly drain the system and put in new oil?
flushing out all the old hyd oil out of the system is a painstaking process. drain the hyd tank, change the filters and refill cycle the hyds several times, drain and refill operate the drives for a while drain and refill change the filters again. repeat as needed. the trans idiot light is conected to one or more senders. typically charge pressure, temp and filter bypass (if equipped) could be a bad sender/switch or a wiring problem or both of the above. temp switch should have a single terminal, and should be located on or near the port block pressure switch should have 2 terminals and is either located on the port block or in the top of the hydrostat filter bypass is a single terminal switch usally on the hyd filter head. :drinkup