I have watched every scraper vid there is .What I do not get is these operators dropping the pan and looking over their shoulder ,can you help me ? I ran a scraper for 4 years in NM , at least you made an attempt to load it . If not struck , you took what you had ? I love these guys that drop the edge and throw it in neutral .
Cann't help much but I have heard of companies that will hand you a pink slip if you spin your tires.
Around here a 621 / 631 won't load themselves due to soil conditions. There almost always a push block tractor around. I've seen them set the edge down and raise the rear wheels off the ground only to shave a foot or so of hard clay. Seems like these scrapers are always broke down in some form or fashion.
Yair . . . kevin37b . In most of the conditions I have worked in a single engine open bowl was as useless as teats on a bull when it came to loading . . . an absolute no no to try and apply any power to the ground. For me, on an average haul (let alone the long stuff) part loads are not going to cut it . . . far better for all concerned to wait a few moments to be picked up by the push-cat. Dickjr . I hear you with shaving off hard clay . . . same thing with dozing, that stuff has to be ripped for best production. Cheers.