For those that havent seen my post “Buying D9H Dozer i am introducing myself a few weeks late, but better than never. I am Honky Cat from Oklahoma and am clearing infestations of Cedar Trees and Brush on my ranch in the Antelope Hills Area in Far Western Oklahoma. I have over 1500 acres of infestation that is sucking up to 50 gallon of water per tree daily and killing the native ranch grasses underneath them. I am using a Link Belt 240LX now for about a year and am buying a D9H Dozer to help speed up this project with my 19 year old son and I doing the clearing. When i complete my project i have already had inquiries of other Ranchers and Farmers that need help with the same infestation as we have. We pull them out with the bucket underneath them and this brings out the massive roots and all in one swipe and then they are stacked and will be burned when the first snow hits so as to not set the whole county on fire. Its dry out here. I invite all members interested in what we are doing with our machinery to chime in at anytime if you want to inquire or just say Howdy! We appreciate all the knowledge on this Great Forum and respect everyone on here. Respectfully: Hinky Cat PS i made a major mistake when i started my first post. I couldnt find the Dozer Section right off and i posted in the teailer section they told me. I apoligise and hope someone can helP instruct me how to move the active forum to the Dozer Category?
Welcome aboard. Good luck with your project. I retired from the land clearing business about 2 years ago. Cleared about 2000 acres in and around Denton Texas over a 10 year period. My clearing was mostly Mesquite and other trash trees. Only one property we cleared was infested with cedar. I bet the ground is rock hard now, after 2 summers of drought.
Mercy yhem Mesquites are no fun! I like tge cedars compared to them. Alot easier to dig out root. Its all a days work or in yours and my case many days. Thanks Honky Cat
Welcome to HEF Honky Cat !
Welcome to HEF, Honky Cat !
Thanks Tinkerer! Glad to meet you also! Going to be a great monday!! Honky Cat!