How do I know if it is a -2, -3 and so on ? On the serial tag it just says EX270LC, so I am assuming it is just that. I got this thing for a super low price from one of my customers that is retiring from the construction business. I have helped him out in the past and he says he is letting me have it so cheap because of everything I have done for him over the years. It is well worn and there was a small fire in the just forward of the hydaulic pumps that burnt off some hoses and some wires. I should get all the hoses replaced in the next few days and see if I can get it to run. Its been sitting for about a year and a half. I'm thinking I can fix all the hoses and get it running good enough to load it and get it to my shop, where I can clean it up and start repairing the wiring. The injection pump looks to be all mechanical, so I can just tie the throttle open a little to get it to run. Is this true? I want to get a service manual also, but i need to make sure what series I have.
Hello,sounds like 270lc is it i can look up sn to tell year if that would help
I forgot to post that earlier. The serial is 1586329. Thanks a bunch.
Going by the serial number you got yourself an EX270-1. No computer to deal with so once you get the hoses at the pumps fixed you should be able to move it around no problem. I used a 270-1 last year and I really liked it.
Ok, good. I got this thing for less than scrap price. Pretty excited about it.
My book says that serial # makes it a 1990 Link to Hitachi site & 270 Brochure: http://www.hitachi-c-m.com/global/pdf/products/excavator/medium/ex270/KS-E126.pdf
the ex270-1 shuts down by pulling the hand trottle towards the front window, the 270-2 shuts down on the key, the -2 would have 4 buttons to rev it up, i l e p . idle, low rev, economical rev, power . if you post a few pics i will tell you straight away
Hold on there. EX270LC First Generation. Sometimes called a Dash 1, and above sizes shut down with the key. EX200 Dash 1 and smaller shut down by pushing the throttle forward. EX270 only came in dash 1 or dash 5. 158- start to the serial number says it is a Dash 1 as someone pointed out. FYI as I have pointed out before for a quick reference on EX model machines.(Construction sized machines and not Mining sized) Hand Lever for a throttle=Dash 1. Push button for a throttle=Dash 2 or 3. Dial for a throttle= Dash 5. So the EX270 only came with a Lever or a dial.
ya thats right no -2 or 3 in a 270 ,its either a 1 or a 5 and by the sounds of it its a 1, should be an easy fix to get up and running the dash 2 and 3 went as far as the ex220 -2 or 3 next cab like that was an ex300!