Hello all, happy to be a new member. Lots to learn from the experts on here. Just purchased a 1965(?) Hough H-60. Was used for the last few decades in a saw mill, so I would consider that somewhat of an easy life. Overall good shape, but the Cummins JF-6-CI needs some attention, white smoke and diesel fuel in the oil, so I am focusing on the injectors for starters; thinking there is a stuck or defective injector. Beyond that, I do have a question on the serial number, as marked on the left rear of the frame it's H60A-U-343-301-01755. Also, the serial number plate itself reads: H-60-B-343-301-01755. So doesn't follow the typical 29AC-XXXX number that I've read about in the threads. The 01755 seems to make it a 1965 (I think), but there is no 29AC associated with it. There is also the remnants of a Dresser sticker. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Last year I stumbled upon a site that broke down hough models my serial number and i bookmarked them, but now the site appears to have vanished. Other than that on my machine the only number that has mattered is the last grouping, which in your case is 01756.
Nice looking older loader.