Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

just purchased a tacheuchi tb53fr, 12.5k lbs.

stumpjumper83 ยท 2010-05-08 17:53

The owner of the dealership called me this morning (sat)... he needed to sell something that I wanted... I've been looking for a large mini hoe for awhile and was almost set to buy a tacheuchi 145 from someone else when he gave me a number I could not refuse... Machine Has been at the dealers for about a year, and it has 72.9 hrs on it. Cab, heat, Air, Quick coupler, & pattern changer. Because it isn't exactly new I talked him into 90 days warrenty for free. And a hydraulic thumb for free, and free delivery ( 2 hr. one way) Oh, and a tank of fuel. Best part, all this for 45k. Cat & Komatsu wanted low 60's for theirs - base too, no cab thumb or coupler, the other dealer wanted 55k for his 145 w/ 200rental hours, no thumb. So monday at noon my new machine is suposed to show. Pics to follow...

Replies9
  1. #1KSSS2010-05-08 19:37

    I had a TB53FR and currently a TB153FR. I would say that if you bought a 53 and not a 153 that it had to have been sitting somewhere for atleast 3 years. I bought my 153 in Spring of 07 and they had been out prior to that. Either way the 153 has some key improvements over the 53 but both are very good machines. I think the most versatile large mini on the market.

  2. #2atgreene2010-05-08 20:30

    Nice score! The 53 is a nice machine, I'd like to upgrade someday, but the Kubota has the angle blade and I'm lusting after that option.

  3. #3stuvecorp2010-05-08 23:37

    Congrats, I got a 153FR and love it. The swing boom is choice and I'm sure you will enjoy your TK.

  4. #4stumpjumper832010-05-09 09:56

    say what are you using to tow the 153? I'm thinking about a ford f350 super duty dually w/ a 7.3 turbo auto trans. Big enough?

  5. #5littlejoe42010-05-09 10:45

    yeah nice, getting the thumb thrown in for no extra charge is huge, those things can really add up, prob saved you serious money down the line.

  6. #6stuvecorp2010-05-09 10:54

    I have a 550 dump and it really doesn't feel any worse than pulling my skid. It's mostly flat here also. I did pull a 305 Cat when I had a 350 dump and it did feel pretty heavy.

  7. #7KSSS2010-05-09 16:08

    I pull mine with a 5500 but I do on occasion use a 3500. They are a tad heavy. Factor the machine itself and about 5K in trailer weight plus buckets, hoe pac etc and you have a load.

  8. #8xcmark2010-05-10 20:54

    short hauls F 350 duel rears and 7.3 no problems , just show the trans some respect! dont use overdrive let the motor run some RPM and keep the speed reasonable. your weak link is the trans. I haul my 10,400 lb skid steer and bucket and 1100lb grapple with a 2500 hd and a deck over trailer that has a 8" frame so she is heavy. power is no problem trans is no problem stopping is no problem as long as the trailer brakes work (and they do) , problem is if the boys in blue stop me...... I am about 4000 lbs over on my class C lic!

  9. #9stumpjumper832010-05-10 21:41

    full blown cdl class A... no problems there