Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Just Testing–Nothing worth viewing

DrJim · 2011-06-30 22:36

Testing inserting links. I've had trouble with this, thought I would do my testing in the proper forum. I'm using the "insert link" button, but the link does not show in Preview Test message: "Uh. .oh. . . " http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdCJzO3w7_M

Replies30
  1. #1willie592011-06-30 22:38

    Well, I simply copy/paste link Jim, works purty good for me.

  2. #2DrJim2011-06-30 22:39

    Yep, just as I thought. The link doesn't appear. I'll try it this way:

  3. #3DrJim2011-06-30 22:41

    Maybe this time will be the charm? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdCJzO3w7_M

  4. #4DrJim2011-06-30 22:47

    http://www.youtube.com/user/ME5723

  5. #5DrJim2011-06-30 22:50

    http://www.youtube.com/user/ME5723#p/a/u/2/FdCJzO3w7_M

  6. #6willie592011-06-30 22:52

    By golly, I think you got it. √

  7. #7DrJim2011-06-30 22:52

    http://www.youtube.com/user/ME5723#p/a/u/2/FdCJzO3w7_M

  8. #8RyanL2011-07-06 09:39

    Hi there

  9. #9riddle2011-07-07 00:28

    need one more

  10. #10riddle2011-07-07 00:32

    Post to start a new thread. Sorry.

  11. #11revbill2011-07-09 10:26

    seems like a strange way to get started, but we all live by different rules

  12. #12revbill2011-07-09 10:48

    I am of course new to the form, but I have a dandy of a problem I need to ask for some help for. I am working on a JD 120c which has an Hitachi pump system in it. the problem is that the shaft on the small piggyback or charge pump broke the input shaft. Have replaced the pilot filter housing that seems to have a sort of relief valve in it?. Have replaced all filters, checked the return line back to tank from this pilot filter, an it is clear. Replaced the pump, fired it up and snap goes the shaft. This is starting to get expensive and the local JD dealer doesn't have a clue. Does that pilot filter housing really have a relief valve or should I be looking further up the system? Any ideas? or does any one know how this system works?

  13. #13revbill2011-07-09 10:52

    My post about the JD120c should have been under excavators, also I have the numbers off the tag on the pump. Thanks

  14. #14miraclemann7772011-07-09 11:22

    just testing

  15. #15Ozboc2011-07-29 05:34

    test number ( lost count - still cant start new thread )

  16. #16digger242j2011-07-29 05:47

    The forum software only updates user status once per hour, so even if you post more than three times, you might have to wait until that once per hour time rolls around. I just checked your profile page on the control panel. (It's quarter to 6 in the morning here, and I woke up because I could feel your sense of urgency halfway around the world. Well, that and I had my own sense of urgency to attend to.... ) It says you're a full member, so you should be good to go now. PM me if you're still having trouble. And welcome to HEF. :drinkup

  17. #17Ol'Joe2011-07-29 11:29

    test 3

  18. #18brntslade2011-07-30 17:35

    Just doing the test thing to raise my status.

  19. #19a5redwing2011-08-06 15:51

    test

  20. #20a5redwing2011-08-06 15:53

    testing

  21. #21KRob2011-08-06 17:34

    Like all these other fellows im posting so i can start my own thread.....sorry, i feel like such a bum not being able to contribute anything worth whiled on the other threads so looking for ones like this that have been borrowed. Thanks

  22. #22MachOne2011-08-08 14:57

    Test 1

  23. #23MachOne2011-08-08 14:59

    Test 2

  24. #24MachOne2011-08-08 15:06

    Test 3

  25. #25treviftn2011-08-31 19:05

    HHeelllooo, just testing

  26. #26DrJim2014-10-02 22:09

    Gearing up to post my Bobcat float detent series OK, Willie, I'm sitting here trying to learn all over again. Let's see if I can post a pic. Let's try an image of the high-zoot navigation system on my BMW R1200R mo'cycle. Hmm. We'll see how that worked. As for the auto pic-resizer. . . it will probably be much faster to upload the pics to HEF if they are already resized, but the feature will be very convenient for the occasional upload that is not yet resized. Hah! I can do this! But the darn nav system is too complicated. . . .

  27. #27mitch5042014-10-02 22:15

    Maybe you have to wear a zoot suit for it to work properly

  28. #28DrJim2014-10-02 22:47

    Help me Willie. . . Willie, I remember now why I got so close to posting the float detent series--and then didn't. (and then the computer crashed!) I got stumped trying to handle the Bobcat parts diagrams. It was the preparation of these 5 pages that killed my momentum. The Bobcat diagrams were provided to me in PDF format, so I used some free on-line PDF to JPG converter--which worked. But. . the files sizes are huge, though, like 5 Mb per page. When I try to use Windows Photo viewer to "crop", as you taught me to first trim off all of the dead space before resizing. . . the "crop" option is shaded--I can't crop. I have checked the jpg properties to be sure the files are not read-only, etc. The only thing I can figure is that the PDF to JPG converter has left me with jpg files that are in an invalid format for Photo Viewer to crop. Paint won't open them either. For kicks, I tried to upload one and see what the auto-resizer does with it. Nothing doing--"cannot resize this file." So. . . if I can figure out these 5 pages, I can get the photos of the float detent posted. Hey, man, I can do it. . . . I have "Daft Power."

  29. #29DrJim2014-10-02 22:52

    I might have it figured out. . . Strange. Windows Photo Viewer will resize the bass turd image files--and voila!--Crop will then work! No telling why. Lemme work on 'em. . . .

  30. #30DrJim2014-10-02 23:18

    Trial image OK, getting closer. Let's try one. I'm just about ready. Now, Willie, if I could only remember what I did and why. . . to complete the narrative that goes with the photos. Lol The next step. . . is the new thread. We'll see if "later" is soon . . . or never.