Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

just when it looks good…

curly ยท 2009-06-19 15:38

...THE SKY IS FALLING, AHHHHH!!!! Just kidding, but on a serious note how many folk here started working only to be laid off again? I just worked a month or so, had to swallow my pride and drive a dump truck instead of equipment just to get working again. I got in the swing of things, picked up a shovel or whatever else was needed and life was good. Now, I have just filled for unemployment again simply because nobody has the money to pay for the work. Thanks for the stimulus bill Obama, it really helped smaller companies ointhead . I start school in August and may or not be able to keep working for these guys (they know about it) but dang it, they area good outfit and I WANT TO WORK . Ok, pissing and moaning over. Anyone else start then get stopped?

Replies2
  1. #1Amc4life2009-06-22 08:31

    Totally off topic Curly, Sorry for your troubles, but just wondering if I can get some info from you on a post you made last year. You had a picture of a 25B dragline. Can you tell me where that actually was? Better yet, do you know the owner? My uncle is pretty sure that it's his old machine, wants to try to get in touch with the owner. I can get you my e-mail address if that will help. Thanks

  2. #2oriden2009-06-23 02:34

    i had the same problem out of school, got working running a small hoe on a ICI leveling job, was working hard like a green horn should got keept as long as possible but ended up geting the cut due to contracts falling through. got called back to the old job thank god, but ive been looking ever since (3 months now)