Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

K Tech scrapers?

Questionable wizard ยท 2024-03-07 15:52

How are the smaller ones holding up long term? They've been out long enough to show the start of problems. How do they perform in wet heavy woodlands clay. K Tech's marketing is right up there with Anderson windows here in the United States. We have experience with Miskin, Deere, Eject. We are looking to switch out a pair of 17 yd Eject for a single K Tech behind a Challenger 965C on 1050 singles.

Replies7
  1. #1deerert2952024-03-07 22:08

    Go for smaller pan load easier faster cycles easier on tractor better in marginal loading conditions 20 yard single big enough 2010 deere ts220 ashland

  2. #2Catsparky12024-03-08 04:56

    Saw some of the 40 yard ones with 740 cats being pushed by d10 . I can't get the tire wear thing . 6 tires on the cat , 6 tires on the pan . I get underfoot conditions but why not just use 37 or 57 push pulls ?

  3. #3Questionable wizard2024-03-08 05:57

    Currently we unhitch the second Eject 80% of the time as conditions are too wet or job sites are too small. Cat self propelled are too heavy for our wet conditions. We have two TS14Gs

  4. #4deerert2952024-03-08 08:31

    I hate struggling to load.Without a pusher those pans can only load light dry soil full.I watch these oversize pans operating with a struggling 5/8 load.

  5. #5Questionable wizard2024-03-08 11:35

    I really don't want a single one much larger than 26 yard for that reason. We only have a D6 for a pusher some of the time

  6. #6Ross5012024-03-17 09:19

    I love our 1228s behind Case 580s. Will put a new Deere pan to shame. The ktecs load so easy even in sandy soils.

  7. #7Questionable wizard2024-03-17 21:27

    We have a 1228 coming soon. No sandy soils here.