Bill/K&W Transportation/Bethlehem,PA My personal ride: 2005 379 Peterbilt ,2005 spread axle Titan Aluminum Walking Floor (45'X102"=100yrds & 22.5tn payload) Heavier tare weight, but self unloading:cool2 !!
My lil Big Truck: 2005 Freightliner M2, 2007 Titan Aluminum Tipper (48'X102"=132yrds & 27tn payload) Lower tare weight, but needs tipper machine to unload:Banghead !! Spare Truck 1995 Peterbilt 379 Saturday wash after a long week:cool2 !!!
Video Commentary: Today at Job Site in southeastern PA!!!
Very nice truck, Texas bumper, large drop visor, Rod Pickett pipes. Thinking there is a C15 Cat under the hood with an 18speed behind it. Very nice ride once again. Trbo
You are 100% correct.....thanks for the compliments !!!!
Single headlights are much better looking than the factory two lights. You running a low rider seat as well? My cousin, whom is my best friend, is running for the most part the exact same truck, long nose pete with a coffin bunk. Its white with blue and silver flames, and the name on the door. Otherwise bout the exact match to yours. Trbo
very very nice, like the lifting bumper, air lift??? we had a truck like your pete up here in the great white north, those pipes sure sounded nice on the jake. but since we were on mine property and the truck was all covered in mud, i didn't take a picture. the driver is to email me a picture of his truck all cleaned up when he gets south again. thansk KoO Published Author
Thanks again!!!! I always order my peterbilts with the single square lights from the factory (you can't get them anymore on the new 389 model). On the 2006 that I sold below, I installed HID lights (they worked excellent, but were very expensive) and removed them and put them on my 2005, now I have removed them from the 2005....because it's sold pending buyer financing! HID lights The bumper has air cylinders to lift it up when off road!!! The front suspension also has airbags to raise and lower the front !!
good thinking on the bumper. is it a common thing on the southern trucks to lift????? thansk
Actually...a friend of mine from Guelph,ON installed the airbags on the front suspension and the flip bumper cylinders (12Gauge Customs):thumbsup !!! Here is a machinery move (My friends tri-axle landoll)
Excellent Videos and Question for You Your videos and commentary were excellent. Thank you for putting those together for us. It is interesting to me that you get to load you own trucks. I only have one question. With all that demo debris getting dropped in there, how do you keep the truck and trailer in such good shape. I don't see any dents at all or nothing. All the demoliton trailers i have ever seen are bashed in and dented up from getting loaded with all that old demolition debris. But yours doesn't have a scratch or a dent anywhere. I can hardly believe it, even with your own careful loading, there must be a slip here or there. Please explain. I am impressed.
Thank you again!!! With some of the smaller companies I work with, I load myself sometimes...as far as the other companies, I just stand up top and direct each scoop. When I load municipal waste at the transfer stations (keeps the trucks rollin when the demo is slow), I tarp the side of my trailers completely with a lightweight tarp. I also keep a couple cans of aircraft metal stripper with me, so whenever I get paint on something on the side....I can wipe it off (that's why I order my trailers with a milled finish oppossed to polished). Municipal waste is actually easier on my equipment than demo!!! Loading is only half of the risk of damaging equipment ....I go into some landfills and strip mines that get pretty nasty sometimes!!!
Symphony @ the Trash Transfer Station !!! (Loading Municipal Waste compilation video) Filmed @ SWT&R Newark,NJ
I'm sure if I ask Chris, my cousin, about the lights he has seen them. I'll have to see if I can get some pics of his truck loaded on the computer for you. Him and I were in northern Wisconsin last year snowmobiling and one night, snowing like crazy, we seen 6 decked out petes with rock boxes go through on the street just a block away from us. Chris stoped and said I think that was Pat Eilens boys, from Hamton Minn. They have about 3 or 4 trucks that are all custom, go to Louisville every year and such. They were hauling salt to Iron County Highway Dept, and stayed at the hotel we were staying at. I got some pics of their trucks all dirty and in the snow, just proving, like yours do, that good decked out trucks do work and get dirty. Trbo
how many flats & tires do ruin going in them dumps?
I do this first :bouncegri....then I do this:roll .....and if that doesn't work.....I have a really really expensive tire plug kit!!!!!LOL Seriously....I get a fair amount of punctures in the tread surface of the tire, but I either plug them or get them patched. Every once in a while.....:Banghead you puncture the sidewall and ruin a tire...and it's usually on a new tire ointhead !!!!
Those are some nice rigs, but if you showed up on my job I'd send ya home. I'd be to scared to load that thing. We had one driver with a show truck that I loaded often. One day I sent a greenhorn to put some water down in the water truck, so I didn't get his truck all dusty when I loaded him with the trackloader. Well the kid sprayed water all over his wheels and some on his truck and I though that driver was going to kill him. He ripped the door open started to drag the kid out of the truck and stopped and in the nicest tone posable told the kid "its wise not to spray my truck with water". That kid was so white and we where all on the ground rolling.
Always!!!!!!!!!! Pretty sweet rigs ya' got there. I really like the air-lift front bumper. I was wondering about how it held up off-road and was going to ask the question but the King beat me to it, then the cell phone rang, recieved a dozen emails, and so on and so forth - gotta love small business Couple of questions: What kind of tonnage are you averaging per trailer load with the C&D and MSW? I am assuming you haul by the ton? How far do you guys have to haul to reach the landfill? Is it more cost effective to haul to regional landfills instead of local - or are there no local landfills? Your business is an interesting concept and seems to be a very good niche market to be in. Good luck!:drinkup
Great pics, awesome trucks.
can you pot the pics of the petes
ok, next question, since you are off site loading are you using your air bag gauges to tell your weights????? thansk KoO
With my walking floor I can legally haul about 22.5 tons (80,000 gross). With my lil truck and tipper trailer, I can legally haul about 27 tons (80,000 gross). With the MSW, we are always right at 80,000 gross, because 95% of the places we load at have scales! With C&D, depending on the material and how much it's crushed, I usually always can get my weight on (my walking floor is 100 cubic yards, and the tipper is 130 cubic yards). At sites, I work with the operators to make sure the trailers are full if the material is bulky, because I charge a 22 ton mini for the walking floor and a 25 ton mini for the tipper (and on rare occasions...I've only been able to fit 15-17 tons in my walking floor....when there is a lot of insulation or bulky wood not crushed up)! Yes I do, except on rare occasions when I'm doing local site work, or have the need to move a lot of material in a local area in a short amount of time (due to the customers circumstances)....then I flat rate the loads or charge around $100.00-$150.00 per hour per truck at a job! Anywhere from 120-350 miles depending on where we load and where we dump.......it also depends on the customers need! When we go to the farther landfills, we usually backhaul (coal, mulch, or gypsum)!!! It's usually more cost effective for us to dump at the landfills further away, but again.....it all depends on the customers needs, we do our best to work with our customers to get the job done in the time allotted in the most cost effective (for them) and profitable (for us) ways!!! :Banghead Our trucks have digital scales which are accurate within 200lbs (as long as we can get semi level) :cool2 !!!
how do you get away without having your company info and USDOT# on the doors??
I'm just an OUTLAW:guns !!!!! Seriously, I have them, I just try to keep them as diccrete as possible:angel !!!!
I see by the purple sticker you come in to Jersey.
tell me more on the digital scales please. thansk KoO
This mob are popular down here: http://www.loadman.com.au/index.htm
Yeah, I do work in NJ:Banghead ......but mostly transfer station work, every now and then I'll do a demo site !! I use these scales on my trucks: http://www.air-weighscales.com/
Our new Scania got the scales inbuild in the computer on the truck. It reads the airpressure from the abs system on the trailer and truck and displays it in the inforsystem in your dash. Then get the weight on each axle. Only functions on a airsuspended trailer.... Regarding the punctures, we fill our tires with a product called Tireprotector. Its a liquid pumped in through the filling valve, spreads inside the tire. Consists of shreaded tires and a sealing substance. Water based. If u drive on something thinner than 6 millimeter this susbtance comes trough and seals it immidiately. U don't get a drop in the tyre pressure. All trucks driving scrap on dumping fillings use it. I've tested it many times and it realy works. Filled punktured tires, heard the leak, pumped the tireprotector inside. Roll the tire one round and its sealed. We use it on all types of equipment before we deploy somewhere abroad. I can tell u, it aint cool to sit out on the Iraqi highway at night with 3 punctured tires and not so many security guy's around.
The DOT numbers are discreet on your truck, K&W. Who are you doing demo with in Jersey? I still can't get over how shiny and clean your demo trailer stays. That is so impressive. Nary a dent or scratch. You must watch those loaders like a hawk.
Do you haul for Eagle recycling of NJ. Tell me about it:Banghead NJ is a pain in the ass I have a rolloff and a hooklift runing around
Do you mean Eagle...that used to be P-N-G up off of 1&9?
Getting loaded with the 330 Hitachi !!! An 18 year old young lady who's dad owns the demo co. loading one of my trucks........ she took her time and did a good job!!!! Video of emergency demo job (one sunday morning a few months ago)!! A couple vacant row houses collapsed that saturday night!!
i think i got a chubby very nice what are you using for turn signals i see you removed them from the headlights , which i always thought looked better.. love the less is more look
Today at the Landfill .....Heavy Trash Equipment:thumbsup !!! The Shop...and broken Iron!!!!:Banghead
COOL!! You have some snow too huh?
Very first load at a new transfer station with new machines!!!! Transfer station I used to manage in SE Washington, DC...Loading my trucks!!!
very nice pics k&w!can i see juste a little more of the equipment at the transfer station please???
Here's an expensive and unique set up at a transfer station in NJ!!! 2 Waste Balers worth about $8,000,000.00 (Bale and shrink wrap municipal waste) These are the finished bales!!! This is the cool Sennebogan that they load the flatbeds with!!! This is how they load me........BORING!!!!
love the pictures Thanks for the great pictures - liked that bailing concept too!
Jersey Rules Jersey rules when it comes to waste handling, and best environmental protection laws in the land. Great photos, once again, K&W.
Pics of an old loader loading me with firewood (a whole lot )!!! Guess how many Cords:naughty ??????
Monster dump at the C&D Landfill in OH:yup !!! They use this to haul demo from the rail cars to the cell!!!!
What does that load weigh? You better have an armed guard with you these days hauling firewood, it's becoming a hot commodity. Are more loads available? I know someone in the business who might be interested.
Steve, I load that at a place in Indiana,PA....and they always have a decent pile there!!! I also load in a place in Everett,PA, and they keep a good supply there also. In both places the wood is green wood, and is not completely dried out:idea !!! Way Too much....LOL!!!!
What I want for Christmas :angel !!!! Hammel Portable Shredder:notworthy !!!! And the 750 model can be mounted on a Hooklift Frame like this one is!!!!!:idea
we just bought a mobile shredder to grind rail road ties for the next 5 year for union pacific rail road. this is the one we have in the mail http://www.komptech.com/index.php?id=crambo0&L=1 Its the big one with tracks on it.
Shredder What kind of material are they running through that shredder? Is that a picture of you on top of the load getting loaded with the Kobelco--I mean the guy in the black shirt--is that you up there, K&W?
That was C&D being ran through that shredder. It was at an outdoor transfer station in East Brooklyn,NY. The guy loading is a good friend that used to work with me!!!
Nice equipment !!! Thanks for sharing these pictures!
Thanks!!!
The longest trip from PA to KY ointhead !!!!! I left PA to deliver these two used machines for a friend to Kentucky!!! This is what happened by the time I got to Maryland!!!! Tires on my friends trailer blew out.......they dry rotted from sitting so long!!!!! 6 of the twelve trailer tires were junk!!!! Finally fixed and rollin!!!! Enjoying the scenery in the mountains of WV:cool2 !!!
Some rough equipment with that shredder there. What'd they put that Kobelco through the shredder? 6 out of 12 tires??? At least with the landoll you can jack the tires off the ground with no jack or having to move a jack 12 times if there isn't any equipment on it. I have a landoll and it was probably one of my best investments trucking wise.
Video of Machine loading at Transfer station in Chestnutridge,NY !!!
Looks like the trailer takes quite a beating. How long do they typically last?
The ones I use are built to take a beating:Banghead and can be used for many years, but it really depands on how well you take care of them!!! Some last 10 while others last only a year!!!!
K&W; very, very, very nice rigs you have there and to keep them in such good shape must take a lot of work.I admire guys like you who take care of their equipment.Fantastic pics and videos,keep em commin please!Thanks for sharing these with us.
very nice video,it`s cool to see komatsu equipment in the waste industry,never see that!nice.keep them coming!
KW with diesel approaching $3.50 ballpark it ,what are they pay a ton to run them loads?
I want to know if she is single. I need a girlfriend like that. One that can run heavy equipment.
K&W Those are some sweet looking Largecars & Freightliner w/ the walking floor trailers . :drinkup :cool2 :notworthy later Bulldog
Thanks a lot!!!!
:update Getting ready for my new Hooklift Truck:woohoo !!!! I sold the white 2005 Peterbilt and the 2005 Titan Walking floor trailer (my personal ride) to a friend who is leased to me:crying !!! I put my black 1995 Peterbilt back on the road (with a driver )... and I bought a low mileage 2007 Peterbilt to drive until my Hooklift is built!!!!! Cool Line-Up!!!! They were all mine for two weeks ...before the shuffle, now I only have the Black and Blue Peterbilts....and the lil M2 Freightliner !!!! Here's the 2007, I was going to customize it and make it a cool daycab (like I'm getting ready to do to the 1995 Peterbilt), but I might not have time....we will see!!!!!!!!!
Demo job in Bethel,PA !!!!
That's funny, You say he was not that bad, then on the next scoop he almost whipped you out with a 2 X 4. Woooo, Ha, ha, ha That funny right there!!! Sorry but I had to point that out :drinkup
Holy smokes!! That is a classy fleet you run there, hats off to you!
A Demo job with some tired iron being used:yup!!!!! About 3 house later:Banghead!!!
Man, whats up with that grapple!... it has to be a lot harder to pick up anything with only 1 tooth on it.
hey K&W that you i seen on rt22 heading west bound early evening on wed or thurs i forgot which day? btw i'm working in phillipsburg so i'm pretty sure its was your truck ,but i could be wrong it was last minute when i saw it
I'm not sure, but it's quite possible, because I always come back that way, and I usually get fuel at the Hess station beside the diner !!!!! What are you guys doing in phillipsburg, and how long will you be working there?
hey jimmy jack where abouts in P'burg you working? thats about 20 mins from my home town. my company has a job starting up sometime soon down near where rt 22 and interstate 78 come together.
working at the former ingersoll-rand plant with a new company the new company is a eviromental clean up type ,ill try and get a thread started soon with some pics. K&W i should have been more exact i was at the applebees in bethlehem by the airport thats were the hotel is:drinkup
ya i just read an article about the plant the other day in the paper, i didnt realize there was any work going on there, i know the bourough really wants to get things moving there. somewhere i saw an article of all the the contamenated soil and other minerals harmful stuff there. do you have any idea, what is gunna be built, i know ther was talk of possibly a lumber company coming in and some other comercial/ industrial outfits moving in, but i know there was also talk of possibly housing.id love to be on some part of that job, my gradfather was employee there, back in the 60's-80's before getting trannsfered to Olean Ny up near Buffalo Ny.
we're running some piping to redo the drainage from the retention pond for the property
Well then you have to give me a call (I'll pm you my cell)...becuase that is right by my house:waving, and I park my trucks right off of the next exit....LOL !!! Are they done hauling the dirt away, or is there anything left to haul:idea????
Hey I work at the Kearny yard where they put hose bales on trains.
You work up at Liberty's yard then right????? Cool!!!
Well i start on the 28th, i got hired yesterday, so yea i could! Do you haul the bales to Kentucky?
:BangheadI hauled the first load to Kentucky (it wasn't bailed), and then JB hunt came and cut the rate, and then another company from WV came and did it for even less ointhead!!!!!! I may haul a load down there in march, so I can get to the Mid America Truck Show in Louisville , and bring palatized brick back up this way (but it's too cheap for me to haul those bales:crazy)!!!!!!
Wow someone under cut Hunt! How do you get the pallets of brick out of your trailer, walk them to the end, to the doors?
New Hooklift I'm building for K&W Transporations new division WWW.40YDBOX.COM !!!! 2009 Kenworth W-900L, 300" wheelbase, 600 cummins, 18spd 60" axle spacing with space for pusher axle ISX 600hp Cummins 2 piece flat glass with chrome trim Hendrickson 46,000 Primaxx 4 bag, long travel suspension and 1/2" thick frame rails !!! Door Specs
I really like the look of a "real" American truck. Doesn't the long wheelbases hinder you in the daily work? Getting in and out of tight places aren't that uncommon when handling bins I can imagine? When buildning a hooktruck over here the tagaxle are always put behind the tandems and it is also steerable so it doesn't drag the pavement when making tight turns. Here's one with a 25ton hook and a 27 ton/meter crane as well
So what do you plan on doing with that truck?
K&W - Nice KW, what kind of hook are you planning on mounting. Also like the tractor package, you gonna pull pups? Per Eriksson- I have always liked the European combo of a hook-lift and a artic crane. I would like to have this type of combo. The hook for changing out bodies (water tank, fuel tank, service body, flat bed, hydroseeder, dump bed) and the crane for lifiting (buckets, maintenance work, pipe, manholes, etc). One truck - many uses.
I'm having a 24ft pull trailer with a 15ft drawbar built as well, here are a few pics: I'm going to do the same thing we do now, except with 40yd containers also!! I'm putting a 50,000lb Ampliroll hook on it, and although the wheelbase is long.....it's still easier than getting into sites with a 260" wheelbase Tractor and a 45-48ft Trailer:Banghead!!!!
Nice Bill, i was talkin with Josh the other day on ECLC forums, he said he used to drive for you.
K&W - I think I recognize that shop- is it NewLife in SC?
are you going to add a drop visor and some large pipes to customize it?
Hell yea ECLC style!:cool2
Lord Willing:angel.....I'm going to make it good looking!!!! Not eclc style though ( never that:nono....my trucks are daily working trucks:jawdrop)!! I helped Josh get his CDL, and taught him in my trucks:naughty!!!! That picture is in a trailer manufacturers shop in WI!!!!
yeah josh is a good dude , and also does good work at ETC.
He looked good driving the mud puppy. LOL
Forgot to say that the new KW looks great! Can't wait to see it when its done.
My 40 yard boxes rolling off the line !!!!
Hey K&W Were are those cans coming from? They look alot like the cans we buy up here ... Made by East Coast cont. any way just saying hi and love the looks of your stuff thanks allen
They look like my cans form Thompson Fab.
They look good the only thing i do on my boxes is put angle iron around the sides & gate that flat square tops really take a beating when loading demo! :usa
They are Thompson Fabrication Containers !!! I looked around at different boxes, and I really liked theirs :thumbsup....especially the radius from the sidewall to the floor, since I also back-haul different aggregates!!!! Thanks for all the compliments :waving!!!!
Hey Bill what kind of tarp are going to be using? Because i dont see any hooks for rubber snubers.
I do not now what you will be hauling or how you are going to get loaded. But in the future you should look into getting 2 extra side plates welded to the containers like the one at the rear hinge side. I have them speced on all my conatiners it help the containers from bowing out when loading demo and packing it down with a machine.
Nice lookin' cans :naughty LOL. As far as tarps go, we have a Roll Rite remote control tarp on our newest hook and it works great. Auto tower and auto arms. It really helps you adjust to different can sizes fast and you can tarp the box while you do your walk around. It came on the truck when we bought it, the new truck was already built and sitting at the dealer, so I don't know what it retails for. If it is in your budget, I would highly recommend one.
I only deal with a few select customers (who know that any damages will be charged to them :guns), and I also have to watch the weight on the containers :Banghead....since I will be hauling two of them more often than not :naughty, so that's why I didn't go crazy with a bullet-proof spec!!!! I'm going to run custom fitted vinyl tarps, and each of my containers have 5 bow pockets in the top rail!! The hooks are on the sides of each post in the corner....for that clean look :cool2!!!!!
ahh now i see them i thought they were just welds i was lookin at in the pics tho...
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums greensrevice! :drinkup
yes we have some TFI cans but they are very heavy ... i went with east coast cont.. on the last order ..very light and cheap... our cans get so messed up ....
My Heavy Duty Tub Style containers being finished !!!!!
Love the pics of your older truck and the new one K&W:drinkup As i live i Norway i just wonder how much you are alloved to have for maximum weight on that new ride? Truck and trailer. In tons please so i can understand
80,000 pounds/ 40 tons ........ Technically and Legally :naughty !!!!That's gross vehicle weight (Truck + Trailer + Payload)!!!
Thanks K&W :drinkup Don`t have a truck license but i belive that you would be abel too carry 50 tons or 100 000 pounds(??) legally here on a set up like that.
Tubs painted and ready for pick-up ...... :idea now if I can just get the truck finished to go pick em up :Banghead !!!!
Thats why I dont mind spending extra I spec my boxs HD and they last a lot longer. I have got princing from other guys and they price is about the same for a lot light spec box.
I got my Training Wheels put on :woohoo!!!!!
Sweet ride! Those new Kennys are getting so you don't have enough room to put a sign on left hand door.
Thats what the Batt box is for, lookin good!
Is that trailer being built by lake region trailers. I see they have an ad in the newest wastemag? Also if you do not mine me asking, how much do they cost?
Those are some nice looking trucks and trailers. Keep up the good, cleaning...
How long will the upfit take on your truck? Seems like you should be going in a week or so after the upfitter gets it?
Is that air ride out back? If so thats a spooky ride with a 40yd can holding 10+ tons.
What kind of suspension does the Pete have? It looks to me that it had a suspension designed for onroad use. So how does it handle off road? Im guessing to keep the wight low its only single frame and not double.
Yes, it is being built by Lake Region Trailers...and they start at about $24,000 for a stock two axle, and then the price goes up :Banghead...depending on what options you want!!! Thanks !!!! The hook will take about 3-5 days to install, and that's at Ampliroll's Factory facility in Grand Rapids,MI!!! Yes, but it's the Hendrickson Primaax air ride suspension (4 bags instead of 8 like KW AG suspension)...which has a stiffer and more stable ride !!!! I know what your talking about though, and to boot, my trailer is on air too :Banghead....but that's why I have to make the truck look so cool, so I can be careful and take my time cruising slow and low !!!!! The white and blue Peterbilts have Flex-air suspension, which is only rated @ 38,000lbs, but they handle OK off road...you just have to take your time and be careful!!! The Blue one has full locking rears, which really helps. They are only single frames too, but they hold up OK for what we do!
I think a single 3/8" rail is plenty with a hooklift since the hook assembly provides one hell of a back brace. We have put 40yd'ers on with 22 tons in the box from water soaked last can off the job fire clean ups with out a problem, Stopping was something else altogether though.
Lowering my center of GRAVITY :cool2!!!!!
Looks good K&W, just need to get the rest of the rigging on it so you can haul some cans!!
It's at Ampliroll in MI this week getting the hook installed !!!! My friend navigating the landfill in my old truck....it was a muddy mess :Banghead!!!!!
what are the brackets on the back side of the tires on the kw.btw it looks sharp with the lowered stance
looks like brackets to mount half fenders over each axle,sharp truck
Thanks for all the compliments !!! The brackets are for mounting single WTI fiberglass fenders over each axle !!!!
Any updates?
Why did you get a Kenny and not a Pete this time?
Ampliroll 50,000lb long arm (22ft containers fit with 2ft overhang) Hook :woohoo !!!!! 56 degree dump angle !!!!! Lake Region 2 axle air-ride pup trailer with a 16ft Drawbar :cool2 !!!!!
Do you have anymore pics of the trailer?
wow I might use one of those as my desktop background. Didn't know you were going to put a amiprioll arm on it.
That is a really nice dump angle, almost what gravel trucks have here.
Here you go guys!!!!
Very Nice! When do we get to see it with the cans on it?
I'd be real nervous with that rear light bar that low.
That is HOT!! Give us regular updates on how you like it compared to your other setup. This is something I will be looking at for the years to come. I just need to be the first in my area so that I can get the demo companys right out the gate.
Just curious why such a long draw bar on the pup trailer? I have seen a system with a single drawbar that slides in and out of the trailer with some kind of air valve this way you do not have to unhook to pull and drop boxes. I am looking into to add to my truck in the future. If I find the video I will post it.
I guess the long draw bar is to help back in tight spots without jacknifing.
Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUDsVEqDctM&feature=related
How long is that total ? That truck can't fit down city streets? Are they only legal for instate road travel?
Also check out hook truck trailer part 3 on youtube.
It's to allow for more room between the truck and trailer when picking up and transfering bins up and down when the truck is jack knifed like that in the YouTube vid link.
If I had to guess the truck is about 30'-32' long and the trailer with tongue is about 38' total of 68'-70' long. My roll off is about the same 30'-32' long and the triaxle tag is 37' long 67'-69' long. It is a litle tuff in some tight towns where everbody parks on the corner but you can et around. K&W rig should be esier to get around since it has a tuntable on the trailer. By the way K&W what is the tare wieght on the truck with the hoist.
First off....thanks for the compliments guys !!!! Now, it's almost 72ft long, and I could have went with a shorter drawbar, but I like the looks of the longer one :cool2 (and that's the only reason it's longer....cause I like how it looks :Banghead)! I don't worry about getting into tight spaces, or my trailers light bars being too low, because I can drop the trailer, and leave it outside of the landfill, and outside of places that are tight (that's why I went with this set up in the first place)!!! The truck with the hook weighs about 27,000lbs with 1/4 tank of fuel, and the total unit weight about 35,000lbs......but it will have a bit more weight once the fenders and stacks and things are added!!! I went with this set up, because it will work for what I do (remember, I take my waste 200-300 miles most of the time to dump, and bring aggregates back), and as much as I like to be profitable.....I like my office to be sharp (since I'm in it 10-16 hours per day :Banghead)!!! I try to put some CLASS in TRASH.....LOL !!!!
I am at 30,800 with a full tank of fuel and me.
Lookin good Bill, when is it off to 12G...?
Just like posting my Equipment
Gteat Machine for Demolition and scrap loading
It's up there right now !!!!!
That's an odd looking grapple, is there a pair of cylinders in there?
:notworthy:notworthy:usa:drinkup
Grapple That is the best grapple I've run across... It's made by a company in Oregon named Shamrock Steel Fabricators. In fact, I liked the grapple so much, I bought a pin-on brush rake from them for my D6D. There are two hydraulic cylinders hidden away inside the grapple. Having a grapple with it's own hydraulic cylinder's is a huge advantage.
That totally would make life easier, I find thumb/rake combos a PITA when positioning them together and mechanical thumb rakes are even worse.
The beauty is that you are able to use the grapple in any position... It's like going from the old style thumb to a progressive link style. It also gives great senstivity... I can pick up a piece of pvc pipe without breaking it. I've put that grapple through hell and never had a single problem with it. The folks at Shamrock Steel Fabricators know how to make tough attachments.
My wife and daughters watching the grapple in action.
Flyer for our New Roll Off Division !!!!!
man that is sick
How succesful have you been in getting work in North Jersey and NYC? I thought most of that work was already wrapped up by the locals, if you will. What do you like about the Kenny over there Pete?
I get work in NJ and NY all the time (for my tractor trailers), but I prefer to stay in PA and service a few of my good customers when I can!!! I will get all kinds of work out of NJ from a good friend of mine who runs a pretty big long haul waste hauling company in NJ. Since they primarily run 45-48ft walking floors and tippers, and tri-axles for the ash and dirt work....theres a lot of roll-off type work that they constantly turn down and refer to others, because they don't run any boxes!!!
So when do you start picking up boxes?
Before I spent all my money on this new unit :Banghead....I described my vision of it to my friend Tim, who in turn did an excellent 3D rendition on his computer of what it would look like!!!! So far it's coming out just like I planned !!!!
Sweeet.
Wow!!!! I am speechless... That is the ultimate look for a truck. A KW to start it off and nice clean lines!!!!! That would be the pride of any fleet!!!!
Lookin good brotha Bill...
Almost Done !!!!!
That bumper is so low, "ants be duckin'"
I am really thinking about doing this type of work. Here is the truck that I want for it. Of course I would be looking to start this in about a year. Have to get the small bin business out of the red somewhat first.
looks sweet the pipes really make that truck,btw whats the height on them
Lots of Shiney Stainless Steel :woohoo !!!!! Finishing up on my trailer too !!!!!
is that thing on the road yet cooooooooooooommmmmmmmeawwwwwwwn!
Nevermind saw it on Joshs page lookin good at MATS! Lookin good tho...
Mid America Truck Show in Louisville,KY!!!!!
Nice, I love the truck. Post more pics.
Night shot !!!!
Very Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!
that is one sexy truck
Ok Shows Over Get That Mother To Work!!!!!!:d
I can drop, dump, or pick up a box without disconnecting from my pup trailer :thumbsup!!!
Sweeeeeeet!:thumbsup
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AUDsVEqDctM That shows a video of how they do it. Your truck looks sweet man.
Good video, you have to appreciate someone that knows & does there job well.
It looks good ! But can you lift a loaded box with the hook out that far? Man that is long, I can't image try to dump them at a transfer yard or go to a job site in NJ with them! Hard to maneuver around? Hard to back up with the double pivot? & How about on windy days dose that pup want to wander?
Transfer Video's !!! Grabbin a box at night !!!!!! I have to take my time.....still getting used to the set up :Banghead!!!
Hey KW i dont know about your model of hooklift it is an Ampliroll right that what I have on My single axle. They tell you not toextend the sliding gib part when loading and unloading your box. Maybee my model is different
That must be a Cummings in that truck, it sounds just like the Pete I used to drive. I guess you aren't allowed to have an air locked retractable sliding hitch at all?
A set of the Heavy Duty 40 Yard Tubs :cool2!!!!!
Can you even go over speed bumps with that thing that low?
If this rig is like his old rig, the bumper flips up with a switch from the cab :notworthy
Me thinks Josh took some really good pics today... Mudd Brotha...haha
I know it does, it is in his video. But who wants to flip it up for every speed bump. XD
I'm guessing It's set up on an air strut so he can activate it from the cab.
Your right, I can!!!
My front axle has air bags so I can raise it up or lower it on the fly (in the pics, it's all the way deflated), and I can also lift and lower the bumper on the fly !!!! When the front end is fully aired up, the bumper is about 4-5" off the ground!!!! I like it like that.....it keeps me careful, because I have to take my time !!! New Add/Flyer
All my friends know the low rider The low rider is a little higher...................................... Sweet truck!:drinkup
Thanks....here's a rear view :thumbsup!!!!!
Nice to see the faith based message on the back of your trailer!
Thanks....I ain't ashamed of the gospel......Jesus Saved my soul :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy!!!!!
Great pics K&W!! did you make your own website? I would like to do something about like that but I have no clue how? Is hard/expensive?? Very Nice!!:notworthy
Hooklift set up is great ...it has a 56 degree dump angle :woohoo...so sticking shouldnt be a problem !!!
New Residential Flyer!!!!! New Commercial Flyer :cool2!!! Jobsite in Pearl River,NY !!!
Pics and the flyer look great, tried your website 40YDBOX.COM but got no results.
Thanks !!! All you have to do is type www.40ydbox.com in your address bar, and it will direct you to K&W Transportation/40ydbox.com!!!
awesome looking rig u got there matey, what is the black stuff ur dumping? it looks a bit like coal?
Thanks......it's coal!!!! Sometimes we haul it back to the cement plant to make some extra money (the plants around here burn coal to make cement) !!!!
With a bumper that low, do you have to use air or something to get it high enough off the ground for speed bumps and such?
nice trucks and flyers!You should do a tv show and the name would be "Pimp my hooklift truck" !What will be the next truck?
Now that's a nice advertisement!!
Tried it again and got it to work, thanks.
Im not totally up to date on what tipping fees are in the NJ area but $800 for a 10 ton limit seems like an amazing deal to me. This is what a local comany by me charges http://www.getadumpster.com/Rolloff.htm I think with the 30yd theres a 6 ton limit, not too sure.
I like to think it's a Great Deal Too (although it would be about $850-900 if you were in NJ....which is still a Great Deal )!!!! Thanks, and the website is far from being done, my wife just put one together real quick so when people looked up the website, they would see something :Banghead!! We plan on adding a lot of new pictures and things now that the truck is actually out working!!!
Intresting Job Site I'm Hauling From :idea!!!!
Cool video. Thats the jobs i like , the more pain in the butt the better.
What a royal PITA!!! Why can't they just plywood the deck instead???
At work :slomo !!!
Somebody's box is bigger than yours :bouncegri
Nice pictures. I hate that when they make you go out in the trash pile to dump. Flat tire city.
The dump is one place I don't miss going too !! No more steak knives or forks etc. in the tires & the mud sucks! i dump in RR yards.
AHHH Peterbilts Aint No Better Feelin Than Petermobilein Its Just That Simple
thats a Kdubbbbb....! CMON! 1! 1 ? tho Bill why not take the tin to the scrap yard?
Just a thought, that may not be tin, it may be Galbestos. Ive been on projects with it, and we have to send it to a landfill. We also have had to send aluminum window frames with asbestos caulk to the landfill also
Some people will try and charge you a lot of money to build a web page. As with anything a lack of knowledge can leave you open to rip offs. If you can drive a computer ( your on here ) you are half way there. I use "Frontpage" I am sure others will recommend other site builders. Have a look around the web and ask questions, BUT DONT PAY an expert to do it for you. I paid several hundred pounds on start up in 2001 for one page. It cost me money to add or change anything, so I learnt to do it myself. Check out my link in my signature. :drinkup Sorry K&W, forgot to say great looking rig, real professional outfit. Tell your better half that site is a great add :thumbsup
It is Galbestos siding from a local cement plant.....it just looks like tin siding :Banghead!!!!
Wow, that is a dumpy looking dump. It only gets kinda trashy right at the dump site. Here in southern California they cover all the trash up every evening with wood chips or dirt. I would hate to drive my truck in there.
Or better yet, pay me to do it, saying I am a "part time" web designer. http://www.unitedserverhosting.net/ http://www.unitedserverhosting.net/eclipse/ Currently buying some new domains. Gotta love 4GB disc space and 60GB of bandwidth. Unlimited mySQL and emails. Unlimited everything else. :cool2
Yeah, it's a C&D landfill in Ohio, and they don't use that much cover material.....not required since it's just C&D :Banghead, but all of the MSW landfills I go to have to cover up the waste with dirt before they close each day (some of them have huge tarps that un-roll and cover the working face too)!!!
Hey Bill did ya get her back on the raod yet?
bill, why didnt u bring your kw to p&g , pretty sure i saw u there walking around
i was thinking the same thing... I know the pup trailer is/was down tho...
I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure its back in service now.
I think it is to, I'l havta ask josh he would know 4 sure, Dude did you just see the Boston Brawl @ fenway?
I don't really go too many places empty ointhead!!!! I was going to take it, but I didn't want to wait until monday to get loaded next door at Metal Management either!!!
Good to meet and talk with you today Bill...
How is your 40 yard box business going?
I wonder what happen to him ?:beatsme I thought his post & vids cool to watch !
Bet he's still making payments... Lots of them...
^^^what he said :usa
bill and his wife just had a baby, he's truckin everyday..................makin that $$$$
Congratulations to both of them!
Yes congratulations to them both. I have wondered a few times how things were going, that is one hell of a rig he's got there. :cool2
i was kind of wondering how the new truck was working out. thansk KoO Published Author
Hey everyone......I been super busy with work and a new little one!!! Thanks for the thoughts and congratulations!!! As far as my truck goes....I really like it a lot, and it's even more versitile than I thought it would be!!! I'm Mr. Haul it all now...LOL!!! I wish I had a driver that could work this type of set up, and do it like I do, cause I would buy another one just like it in a heartbeat...LOL!!! Here are some random pics of me working over the past few months!!! Working up in the woods !!!!
Scrap Tire pile on the top of a mountain (same one as last time) !!!! Yes Sir...No problem, we can haul it for you !!! Hauling a Zetor 3321 tractor !!!!!
Electric Motor Scrap \ / !!!
Heavy Duty Scrap Haulin !!!! At my Yard beside another K&W truck !!!
I see you go to Metal Managment(Naparano).
Isee you are using standard box's now no more tub's like before why? I am placing an order with Thompson tommarow for a couple more box's
that thing looks some sexy , love that set up
Wow! Those are the best looking demo trucks I have ever seen. Well done! I especially love the bumper setup you guys run.
Truck is looking great and I'm glad the business is going well during these times! I aspire to one day have a company as yours! Congrats on the little one as well!
Thanks for all the compliments again guys!!! I thank the LORD JESUS that I'm still hanging in there, and that HE'S blessed me to have a profitable business (even in this current economy)...and little ones too..LOL!!!!
nice looking truck but not in my neck of the woods. we get stock kens, petes, macks-whatever, stuck clear to the stock bumper, i know it's ugly but sometimes they rip the brake cans off as well. if it is not mud it's rock or something else- regards
I am loveing the automated bumper.. Its a Very smart concept. I see daily peoples front bumpers all smashed up.
What kind of demo trucks do you run in Yonkers, Tano Demo? Welcome to HEF.
looks like this guy is packing it in?:beatsme
He posted somewhere here that he's selling the business and going into a different field.
Yes, Bill has found a higher calling, he is going to serve the lord! Everything he has is for sale and on the truckpaper! Good luck Bill!
man yall have to be kiddin he didnt really quit did he? i was just getting on this thread to ask how hes been doing and ask to see if hes been posting more pics. kinda disappointed now .... well either way good luck :notworthy
I found his add on truckpaper I would seriously consider buying the truck, but since it would be a start up business I do not know if I could make a profit with such an expensive truck. That is if the bank would even finance it and there was work lined up. It is a damn beautiful truck though
If you bought it you would get 10 cans and the truck. his accounts to and he would show you how to turn a proffit!
I really want to get into carting. Commercial, industrial and construction accounts. 10-30 yard boxes, compactors. Pick them up local and run them to the transfer station in Newark.
I admit this was in Nov, but I dont think it was profitability that was a problem. Those accounts and good will are something that is very hard to come by. I dont know the geography well enough to know if this is local to you, but I cant see a better chance to "give it a go" and the banks would have some good history to weigh thier gamble in backing you. :my2c
The co i work for owns SWTR , and our new site DART, opens in may, so bring all your trash over!
What type do you except(13C)? what counties? where is the new transfer staition coing to be?
here is some info on both SWTR http://www.esiwaste.com/popup/SWTR.html DART http://www.esiwaste.com/popup/DART.html
Just found this thread now, don't venture too often into the demo section, been missing out. Very nice trucks!! Love the new setup too. I would love to see some vid of you taking off. Bet it just sounds rediculously awsome!! sure looks good
Damn I just found this thread and read the whole thing tonight and now I read that he's selling it all? What career path did he move on to???????
cant really remember kubota, think he said god called him and hes becoming a priest or something....
preacher, if I recall correctly.
now known as Rev. Billy Gorman of the church of the 40 yard box. Just kidding with bill a bit but yes hes now serving the lord through his ministry
hey i think ive seen these pics before on supershowrigs.com
Yup the guy who owns SSR (Josh) used to drive for bill, well bill took him under his wing and helped him get his CDL.