Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kamatsu D20A-6 Sr#64556

Gomer ยท 2012-12-10 12:27

This is a manual transmission. Problem: the main clutch hydraulic pump and oil over heats severely. Here is what I have done I have replaced the Main clutch plates and pressure plate, I put it all back together and used it about one hour the residual oil on the outside of the pump began smoking and I could tell just by the heat and appearance it was very hot I put it back in the shop drained all the oil out removed the screen and cleaned it again it was fairly dirty again I still have to flush the system what I am wondering is is the clutch main relief valve a non adjustable valve and can I take it off clean it and put it back together without changing the it in any way. I do not want to change the setting in any way.

Replies2
  1. #1MrKomatsu2012-12-11 07:46

    Sounds like the clutch is a tad tight.......

  2. #2Gomer2012-12-11 09:24

    How can that be it engages and disengages perfectly and the only adjustments are the linkages all other adjustments are made at the factory.