Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

kamatsu pc75uu2 excavator 1997

muskoka guy ยท 2013-05-11 16:46

Hello all, new to the forum. We are looking at a 1997 kamatsu pc 75uu2 excavator. It has 3000 hrs on it. It appears in good condition, and seems to have been worked on a farm most of its life. Anyone have any experience with these machines, good or bad. How is parts availability ect. Thanks in advance.

Replies4
  1. #1JBGASH2013-05-12 09:01

    I have the very same machine - it has been excellent with no issues at all. Parts are available at Komatsu.

  2. #2wedigskook2013-05-12 22:30

    I have a 2000 its a strong machine slower than other makes I've owned, parts available through komatsu. Seems like a pain to work on with limited room but knock on wood havent had to worry about it yet lol.

  3. #3wedigskook2013-05-12 22:45

    I have a 2000 its a strong machine slower than other makes I've owned, parts available through komatsu. Seems like a pain to work on with limited room but knock on wood havent had to worry about it yet lol.

  4. #4mike694402013-05-13 21:53

    PC75 Does not have the strongest tractive force, but it still can do a bit of dozing, I think swing force is quite weak for its size and the dipper extend force is not real strong. My pressures are ok. I think the offset boom design caused Komatsu to keep swing force limited to save the joints. Rest of machine is decent for it's size. Depemdable but really miserable to work on.