Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kamotsu 31S

Tight Line ยท 2015-02-19 20:18

I am looking at a Kamotsu 31S track Loader, with a GP bucket. It is a one owner that was used on a farm. The machine was lightly used, and very clean, tight machine, with very nice original paint. UC at 85-90%. What would this machine be worth. This would be my first track loader. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Phil

Replies17
  1. #1denver m farms2015-02-19 21:33

    For that size Those are good machines. Is it the one at a auction Saturday?

  2. #2denver m farms2015-02-19 21:36

    Ok, that auction I was thinking of is march 21st, not this Saturday.

  3. #3Tight Line2015-02-20 14:41

    This machine is a equipment dealer. Asking 24,000.00 would offer 18-19000.??

  4. #4DMiller2015-02-20 19:31

    I don't know much on the Komatsu line, however with the price being quoted and seeing the size machine it is on Machinery Trader while also knowing the limited parts dealers out there, I would look for a 555G Deere. Will be around same price range and a helluva lot more tractor.

  5. #5Tight Line2015-02-20 19:50

    The reason for size choice is that I have mountain property, and will also use to drag logs and make some roads from time to time. Machine is similar to the John Deere 455 which is an ideal machine for this from info I gather in my area. Is the 555G much larger. I do know to stay away from 555 till middle or late model G's.

  6. #6denver m farms2015-02-20 21:04

    I don't think there a d31 around anywhere that it worth 24k. It would have to be very nice for me to offer 18k, but that's possible if it has low hours and everything is right about it. You can get a good 455g or 933c cat for under 20k.

  7. #7Tight Line2015-02-21 08:07

    Thanks for the info.

  8. #8DMiller2015-02-21 08:35

    As Denver m stated, can get to 933C or 455G for a lot less than ask on this machine, just need to look around. 555G is a bit of a hoss compared to D31S, is similar in size to my own Allis 7G with both tipping the scale over 20,000 pounds and a similar footprint, 455G would be similar in size to the D31S.

  9. #9Tight Line2015-02-21 22:23

    Thank you all for the information. I will continue to look around.

  10. #10Tight Line2015-02-22 20:14

    There is a 455G in my area. Are all these guys asking for the moon price wise to see who will bite??? asking 23500.00???? 4-1 bucket 70 % UC and is a rental machine.

  11. #11denver m farms2015-02-22 21:19

    Yes, they are, dealers are the worst about that, but alot of people do it. What year is the 455g?

  12. #12Tight Line2015-02-23 08:19

    I will find out. Was going to offer 15-16000. if machine is worth it, but we are very far apart. Do they just not care if they make sales?? Am I being reasonable.???

  13. #13wosama931b2015-02-23 11:29

    Iron Planet has a good lookin D37E-S start bid is, $8,000, would make a nice farm machine, not a loader, 6 way blade, Va. Location. Good luck, sam.

  14. #14Tight Line2015-02-23 15:58

    It is a 1999 machine with 4000 hr said UC appox 65% what is opinion on price at 18000. He said small machines were cheaper till 2009. Now they are more expensive . Would everyone agree with his assessment ???

  15. #15Tight Line2015-03-17 17:13

    Just wanted to give everyone an update. I continued to search for a JD 455D a Cat 939 or a Komatsu D31, and made offers on one JD 455 but they would not budge off that 20,000.00 mark. I went back to the guy with the D31S-20 and offered 20,000. if the machine checked out from an independent equipment appraiser. The machine appraised to have correct hours (3500) and a very well kept tight machine, with 80% UC, original paint in very good condition, has ROPS, and a PTO shaft. The pins that connect bucket roll to bucket lift could use attention at some point, and bucket roll cylinders started leaking slightly as I worked it. The seller knocked another 500.00 off for the pins, and is having his service guys repack cylinders. The appraiser said it was the cleanest tightest 1999 D31S-20 they have ever seen, and his company sold alot of them in 2003 and this was one of them. Will get photos up when she arrives.

  16. #16DMiller2015-03-17 20:22

    Good enough, if you are satisfied with the machine as I am with my old Allis then you will do fine. I have days I wish I had waited for a different tractor and others where I enjoy the old sloth as I work it.

  17. #17Tight Line2015-03-17 21:14

    I feel like she is a good machine so being my first I wanted to try not to make to many mistakes, and I feel if you pay alittle more for a really clean machine you are probably ahead in the long run. Appraiser said middle auction prices around here are 19500. and you don't know what your getting. Also she has the newer joystick steering on the left side at the armrest. My buddy said he has run those and loves that feature. I have been wood working all my life in construction, but besides that my hobby is restoring old wooden boats, so I uses I am used to expensive. Thought I would throw in some eye candy till I get the D31 home, Love to spice my most recent restoration up with a 1958 Big Block Chrysler 354 Dual Quad Hemi. toys