Hi everyone, I am looking at a Kato excavator and was wondering if any one has any info, experience or history on this brand machine. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Steve
Old thread, I just found....sorry but my advise to s1100....run away as fast as you can from this machine!!!! No parts, no servicemen, no new knowledge, NO NO NO!!!! stay as far away as possible!!!JUNK!
Insleyboy, I tend to disagree. Kato is sold here under Bell, so service and backup under them is really, really good.
I don't think America is exactly their biggest market...that's probably why I've only seen one working around here in my life. Other then that, I can't say. :beatsme
Well thats good Bellboy, good luck. We waited 4 months for a drive motor.....the list goes on and on, from a very reputable contractor here in Michigan. Hope you have good luck with them cause in the beginning I liked the model but as time went on I noticed Cat was a better machine. Maybe they have improved but they sure left a bad impression on me!
It all comes down to availability of spares, and how much you really want to look after the machine.
In china, kate is sold very well... people always have to wait a long time for a new kato excavator.. kate has established a new facoroy in Jiangsu China........
"people always have to wait a long time for a new kato excavator.." That is true, but the only reason is Kato sells few and "looks" people have to wait, in terms of the sales volume, Kato is out of the Top 10. I would say Kato's quality is not bad but as for the product support, dealership, parts supply...really not good in north China.
I am glad to see you from china... bacause of few kato new excavator in hunan, most of clients have to choose komatsu or hitachi excavator etc....
Nice to see you again Hitch. What can you tell me about the Shaanxi trucks? Looks like they are built using old MAN F2000 technologies.
Thank you bellboy, as for the Shaanxi trucks, yes they purchased particularly the F2000 technology from MAN and now this model is the main force of them. For more information, you could send me message and I will be very glad to discuss with you
Well let me tell ya sumpting: I've got a Kato 1250 VII Exceed Series that I bought new and it worked as good as any of 'em, till the dealer that I bought it from fell off the face of the Earth. No parts, No tech help, No service, No Nutting!!! Tell your buddy that is waiting in line for his Kato, that he won't have to stand in a long line if he calls me. I'll sell mine like YESTERDAY.
Got any pics of it mate? We have a couple of these and IMO they are great machines, yeah back-up service can be hard to get but they are that simple that most things could be fixed by yourself or a good plant mechanic. Shane
Jason M I'm just across the LA border in Texas and have been looking for drive motor parts for my 1220 SE II. Were you ever able to find a dealer for parts (new or used)? I have been without the use of my machine since June 2009 because of a broken cylinder block. My machine was purchased in LA and used by a Parish. I bought it used from them.
if any of you know of an old 1220 SE parked in a bone yard or someones pasture somewhere because they couldn't get parts, I'd sure like to know about it. Maybe I could get what I need from them.
If you are willing to purchase from Australia I will give you the contact detail for some one I am pretty sure could help you. Ring this company and ask for Lance Shane
we have an old KATO. when i first started with the company I thouth it would be a hunk of junk. it is a "well" used machine. but after using it I found it to be pretty good. pretty tight and still dug well. last year it blew a final and cann't find any parts. so they just pulled the guts out of the blow one and we limp it around. now it is just a yard machine.
thanks, I have already thought of that option as a last resort. I have had a ring gear made once for the other final drive but that's real expensive. Looked into it this time and looks like the cylinder block will cost about $2K to have made.
The above company has wrecked many kato's and if he doesn't have the part I'm sure he will have a lead on someone that does. Shane Oh, BTW, many KATO parts from different models are interchangeable and Lance will be able to tell you what is and what isn't. I have done many dealings with him and would highly recommend him.
Australia was a good market for Kato in the 70s/80s.I think Blackwood Hodge were the dealers.Besides Excavator World,I think Excawreck in W.A & another Co in Northern NSW sell used Kato parts.Undercarriage can be got from various Italian,Korean & Chinese suppliers. My uncle used an old 770(??) on Demolition in the early 80s.I think it had more levers than a Grader...
Kato 770 se would have been the old 4 stick controlled ones boy what fun they were..
I'm going to take some digital pics of it (My Kato 1250 VII Exceed) and post it out here on this thread for interested buyers...... parts or in whole. The Mitsu motor is actually like new, ovhl'd recently, as well as a good hyd pump. I'm just not smart enough to get the hyd pump to unload smoothly. It's something simple to a fix by a very good Kato mechanic, but I've found nobody local that can do it. I even offered to fly a good mechanic in to get her going but have been unsuccessful. It really would be a jewel to someone who understood the mechanical intricacies of the unit; I just can't find one here. Jason M.
Kato1250 This is it.
First question; is that a long track machine? It looks like it is but I can't quite count the bottom rollers. What exactly is wrong with the hydraulics? explain in detail. Thanks, Shane
Are you saying that the track motor has **** itself? By rights that machine should have Hy- dash final drives. I am sure that the company above would have some of the available. regards, Shane
Whenever the hydraulic controls are engaged, the motor begins lugging down hard to the point of stalling. The engine is also running hot because of the hydraulic load. The engine is like new condition. The pump has been resealed..... for whatever that's worth. I had a Customer Support Rep from Komatsu (only because he's a personal friend) drive here to put his eye on it, and he couldn't really offer anything except that the hydraulic pump was "not unloading" He also did not have a factory service manual for diagnostics.
BTW, the 1250 pictured does indeed have Hy-Dash final drives.
Count the rollers. Hy-Dash finals.
The rollers again.
Shane, It does have a hy-dash gm30F. try finding one of those anymore (new or used) no parts available anywhere. the only thing wrong with mine is that the cylinder block cracked. all other internal parts are ok or reparable. but you cant make it work with a broke cylinder block.
Jason, Which final drive does your 1250 have? Hy-dash made a bunch of them. From the looks of the age of your machine it may be the GM series. ie. GM30 Gm35 Gm36 etc. the one i need parts from is the GM30F the GM36F would fit my machine but i would need to replace the whole thing because the parts aren't interchangeable. You can find the number on the drive motor cover there is a plate and some of these actually have the model # cast into the cover plate. Also if you will let me know what pumps it has on it, i may be able to help you with getting it fixed. Shop is in Conroe Texas. It should have a set of Kawasaki hydraulic pumps in tandem (one left and one right). Let me know the model number of those as well. Either way I'd consider looking at it either to fix or buy.
Maybe a chance Hi, Kato excavators sold fairly well down here in the past. Try "UKW spares" in Australia or Expressway.com.au Good luck
I will have a bit of a yarn to my old man and see if he still know anyone that can help you with that. The pumps on that machine will kawasaki pumps. Do all of the electronic engine controls, track speed controls, pump control systems still work? BTW, how many hours does it have on it? That machine is a long track machine. It is the very first KATO 1250 VII that I have ever seen with a long undercarriage. As I said, try the bloke I posted above and the one that bigrus posted. It is very possible that my dad has one in his collection but I am not so sure that he would be willing to do an overseas transaction. Is the machine a 1220 SE or a 1220 SEII?
Its a 1220 SEII with hy-dash GM30F
Maybe another lead You could try tillys.com.au Never know your luck
Thanks Bigrus, They did have the complete final drives but not one parted out. A little expensive for the whole thing. Hey Jason M If you're wanting to sell that 1250 you should let me know where I can come look at it. Or you might try Todd Resser at www.hrparts.com . they are the only people i know of left in the U.S. that buy used Katos. Don't get your hopes up on price though.
Yeah, I am thinking that if you are wanting just parts out of a final drive your going to have a very hard time finding someone willing to do that. Not so sure where to look for that. If you call excavator world he is probably your best bet but even then I am not so sure. He usually doesn't reply to emails, easiest to call. Shane
Hey guys: I'm walking out the door to attend a Mardi Gras event, but when the smoke sets, I'll get back to all of you about my 1250. Thanks, Jason M.
Good luck At least you've made some headway on your search. I spent 4 years tracking a hub for my grader, so I know the frustration. :Banghead At least I could keep my machine going, lucky the bearings didn't go west before I found a replacement
Maybe you should come look at the machine. I'll sell it outright for $10,000, as is, loaded under its own power onto your lowboy. If you think that your shop can fix it.... that would be a bargain for you. I don't have use for it anymore. The operators who ran it used to favor it for it's smoothness, power, light control feel, and stability; I guess because of its long Undercarriage. But in my business, parts availability and service are paramount. Come take a look; might be exactly what you need. Jason M. My cell is 318 359 4827.
Hello dear, I need the Service Manual for Hydraulic Excavator HD 2045 III No. 5508. or technical description on Control Valve KMX32N /B45002. Please help me. My excavator not moving the left drive, bat left drive move if if work other operation (bucket, arm. e.t.c.).
you probably have problem with your pump volume output. If you have the kawasaki nv series pumps you might find that the rotator group is bad. it seems like there was a problem in the hardening process on the cylinder blocks that causes only one or sometime two of the pistons to wear down its respective hole but the rest of the group to remain tight. this would cause a drop in flow without a noticable pressure drop which would prevent you from working more than one function at a time. so that's what i would check first. unfortunately the cylinder block is one piece rather than sleeved so it may have to be replaced. Good luck.
Thanks merideth, but I have checked up it the first. The picture such when you remove pressure from management of the pump, in this case the pump works on the maximum productivity, the car moves directly. Excuse for my English if the problem точните is not clear. Thanks for your attention to my problem.
can you operate two functions at the same time other than the travel motor. what i mean is, can you operate the bucket, boomswing and arm all at the same time but cannot travel and operate another function. or is your machine only able to do one function at a time?
The machine can do simultaneously all functions, But the left movement is possible only at simultaneous work what or functions. Rectilinear movement is possible only at operate PPC the left and right motor and operate the bucket. I need the description control valve or diagram
The machine can do simultaneously all functions, But the left movement is possible only at simultaneous work what or functions. Rectilinear movement is possible only at operate PPC the left and right motor and operate the bucket. I need the description control valve or diagram
The factory in Japan discontinued this final years ago and they've since exhausted all of the spare parts. We used up all of ours from our cores as well. I have a solution for this machine, but it is a current production unit that we modify to perform as close as we can to the original unit. So you don't have to buy a pair. The issue is cost. What I have to work with is for current production machines and is quite expensive in relation to the machine value. You'd be around 7k for what we can offer. I wish there was a more economical soltution, but there is not. I spend the majority of my day researching what to use in place of obsolete drives. There aren't many that we cannot provide a solution to as a complete unit. But as stated above, usually what I have to work with is cost prohibitive. Thanks for the referral merideth
hi all i specialize on the hydraulic pumps on the Kato,sumitomo,hitachi,fault finding an repairs i am in kzn,need help drop me a mail [email protected]
`What we used to do with the old Mitsubishi machines was replace the track motors completely with ones from Hitachi or more popular machine..