Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kato NK 500EIII. Bom section won’t retracted

tommyku · 2023-11-19 23:54

Good afternoon. I need help with an issue. Where the boom section number 4 on the Kato NK 500 E III crane cannot be retracted perfectly. Thank you for your assistance. I truly appreciate it.

Replies7
  1. #1Vetech632023-11-20 07:51

    Do you know if it is cable or hydraulically activated?

  2. #2tommyku2023-11-20 17:52

    It is hidraulic..

  3. #3Vetech632023-11-21 07:33

    Will it retract completely if you hold the control in retract? Will it stay there in that scenario?

  4. #4tommyku2023-11-21 09:28
  5. #5tommyku2023-11-21 09:29

    No. It won't retract completely even I hold the control..

  6. #6CraneMechanic732023-11-21 18:14

    Just a couple of thoughts. Looks like it’s both 3 and 4 that won’t retract fully by looks of the picture. Have you inspected the boom for loose wear pads laying in the bottom. Or possibly checked the extend/ retract chains or cables for correct adjustment??

  7. #7tommyku2023-11-22 04:12

    I haven't checked anything yet. Alright, I will do it and will provide an update later. Thank you."