Hi, We have a 1995 Katolight D200 with a Deere 6081 engine. This is a 200kw standby. Full model number is D200FDJ4, and serial is LM238255 71802. Issue were having is within the auto start system. The transfer switch closes contacts and sends the signal to the generator to start, but there is zero attempt to start. When the generator is manually started, it fires up right away. And when the auto/manual switch is in the auto position, I can jump the spades and make it start as well. No alarms present on the board, and no other issues with the generator that I can find. There is a control board within the panel that we can’t seem to find a diagram for with the inputs/outputs. Not sure if there is a generic diagram for Katolight generators, but thought it was worth an ask on here. Thank you for any insight/help, it’s really appreciated.
So you've confirmed the contacts close at the ATS with a meter, and the same closed signal is at the 2 wire start (CC) screws at the generator? What model of ATS? Are you manually jumping the contacts at the generator or ATS? Any chance you have a picture or model number of the controller? I should be able to dig you up a diagram.
Marshall, Thank you! Contacts confirmed close at the ATS, as well as the generator. I can manually jump the contacts on the auto/manual switch on the generator and it will start. I’m assuming this is bypassing the control board and sending the signal to start. The ATS is an ASCO Series 300. I can also get a serial number if needed, but didn’t snap a picture today. I did attach a picture of the control panel and boards inside. It was a little dark tonight when I left, but I can get a better picture tomorrow if you need. Thank you again for your help.
That makes more sense that you were jumping at the switch if it won't start in auto with the CC contacts closed. Looks like a 45 Series panel with a Kassec board (which if needed, Flight Systems has you covered). Shoot me a message with your email and I'll dig through the master manual and send you what I have with your controller and wiring in PDFs. Might take me a minute tomorrow since it's 4600+ pages to sift through.
After troubleshooting with the help of the diagrams, I found that with power on the remote start terminal, the generator was not attempting to start. Led me to believe there was an internal issue with the board, as Marshall had suggested above. It was a Kassec 90153-12V board from the factory. Got a replacement ordered from Flight Systems, and all tested and working today. Thanks again for all the help! MarshallPowerGen was a huge help with the diagrams!