Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kebelco 120lc mark 4

Un4gvn · 2022-12-04 21:54

So I made a deal on this today and having trouble finding specs on it and would love to hear some opinions on this type machin!

Replies12
  1. #1Un4gvn2022-12-05 21:00

    No comments. That is worrysome! Did I purchase a bad machine??

  2. #2LACHAU2022-12-06 09:31

    hope it will be useful for you. I appreciate the quality of Kobelco excavators. However, this machine is too old!

  3. #3Un4gvn2022-12-11 11:21

    Why is it too old? If a machine works correctly how could it be too old?

  4. #4Un4gvn2022-12-11 18:49

    Why is this too old? Just gonna **** in my cheerios and not explain yourself!?

  5. #5Kyle Helmke2022-12-28 18:46

    Nothing wrong with the old kobelcos' the only issues I've seen on these is electrical the wiring is so old the insulation falls apart.

  6. #6Un4gvn2022-12-28 19:03

    It's from the 90s. That doesn't seem old to me but my dozer is a 74. My dumptruck is an 89. I like older stuff that is easy to work on and will do the same job the new stuff will!

  7. #7LACHAU2022-12-28 23:50

    1/- You will have to spend more money on the operating cost of this machine. At least money costs for fuel. 2/- When it's time to replace parts, it's hard to find genuine parts (Because the company has stopped producing this machine for a long time, this machine also has no genuine parts to replace!). The quality of fake parts depends on your luck or bad luck

  8. #8Lagwagon2022-12-29 01:20

    Lachau that’s a bit pessimistic especially since the op has already bought it, how about a bit of advice to help the guy in the future. IMO there’s a 100 other things to factor into before writing off an old machine, what’s the intended use?, what condition is it in? What’s the service history like? Does everything work? What was it used for? Just to name a few. Like the op I too like old machines as I find them easy to service and repair and parts (if you can get them) are generally cheaper than the equivalent new model. That machine looks very straight, chains don’t look stretched, counterweight has barely been scratched and the taillights aren’t even smashed! I would work it and test every function, if anything seems amiss raise it on here or go to exactec.org and search their database. Give it the once over and change all oils and filters. Get a high pressure cleaner on to it and clean it up, grease it and away you go. personally I like the design of those old Kobelcos with the squarer looking cab, like the old late 80’s early 90’s Komatsus, they look cool. Btw how many hours on it?

  9. #9Mcrafty12022-12-29 06:44

    I don't know anything about Kelbelco's. But old is how I roll, of the five pieces of equipment I own the newest is my Excavator, A Cat 307....28 years old, the oldest is the dozer in the sig pic, A Cat D6C about to have it's 55th birthday, the three others are somewhere in between. With the exception of the D6C I bought last summer I have owned it all for years and it all works every time I need it with minimal downtime. If you're happy with it I'm happy for you. Good luck and if and when you need help with a problem, there are people on the forum that will bend over backward to help you if they have the answers you need.

  10. #10The Peej2022-12-29 07:48

    Looks like a good "clean" machine. For an older machine the counter weight was not used as a battering ram and the panels are straight. Tells me the operator knew what he was doing and beat on it.

  11. #11Kobelco ireland2022-12-29 12:15

    I worked on one same as this a few weeks ago. Needed a new key switch, new lever lock solenoid and set of seals for the top ram ordered parts from main dealer and they had them all the following day so getting most dealer parts should not be a problem.

  12. #12Un4gvn2022-12-31 22:09

    All of the undercarriage has little use on it. The chains and all rollers were replaced. It has the 4BT Cummins in it that is worth more than I paid for the whole thing. I am going to have to sort through some damaged wiring from rats but it doesn't look too bad. I do need to find a few things for it but nothing major. I would like to find a thumb for it.