Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kent hydraulic quick coupler, why three hydraulic ports?

earthscratcher ยท 2023-12-16 14:47

just wondering why it would have three hook up spots, all others that I have seen only have two?

Replies23
  1. #1uffex2023-12-18 04:30

    Good day I suggest you contact "Kent" ask for installtion schematic, we can help from that. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2earthscratcher2023-12-18 09:14

    they are out of business, could I hook air to each port and see what it moves ? thanks

  3. #3kenworth2023-12-18 10:11

    Pilot operated check valve or load holding check valve to hold the coupler closed in case the hose were to break? Like what is used on aerial equipment.

  4. #4uffex2023-12-18 13:04

    Good day I would guess one is for opening - one for closing. The third could be for unlocking as suggested or for a high pressure release. Some of these devices use the rod end of the cylinder to un-couple the device this will require a high pressure. Dismantling and making photo's would give us a better idea. Kind regards Uffex

  5. #5earthscratcher2023-12-29 10:23

    I opened all the ports and just tried some air thru them, the two lower ports air travels thru, the top port is dead headed, so I think this would be the check valve that needs pressure applied. this machine that I would like to put it on came with a Esco posi grab wet kit and somebody kept the controller which is (450.00) the Esco is a double hydraulic cylinder system. I would like to keep the wet kit system intact and just buy the controller and get it to work on this Kent coupler do you think this will work?

  6. #6uffex2023-12-29 10:37

    Good day Mix & Match is not without risks, that risk will belong to you, if this is exceptable I can help you couple the quick coupler to your machine. Kind regards Uffex

  7. #7earthscratcher2023-12-29 19:01

    yes I understand Esco guy filled me in, I except all responsibility, luckily I work alone, mainly farm stuff.had a buddy was throwing the stubby ramps on a lowboy pc 300 quick coupler came undone rocking on one pin knocked him back ten feet. he has never been the same since!

  8. #8uffex2023-12-30 04:48

    Good day Lets begin with what you have in the base machine, can you please photo the valve where the QF lines are connected at the base machine, the connector you illustrate was superceeded with a later version. The extra port at the cylinder is somewhat confusing have you a photo of this? Kind regards Uffex

  9. #9earthscratcher2023-12-30 19:47

    from pic to hydraulic schematic, pink is red, orange is hook close, yellow is pilot signal first photo at top coupler is in closed position, guessing fitting on top side is the safety check valve that would be (c)black in drawing, (B)blue would go to fitting below per drawing, which is hook open.so it would apply pressure to both of those at once which should allow it to operate? (A)orange, hopefully will close without(C)safety valve pressure. just not sure how those springs work per pic at top looks like a safety hitch that needs to be lifted for cylinder to stroke open. not sure maybe I am off, but every thing is hooked up at machine, just like drawing

  10. #10uffex2023-12-31 11:29

    Good day Please see attached. Kind regards Uffex

  11. #11earthscratcher2024-01-01 08:49

    thanks Uffex I will get the controller ordered, might be a week or two before I get on this, more work came in that people want done before freeze up

  12. #12uffex2024-01-01 10:28

    Good day I suggest you check out the pressure lines first you may be getting a part you may not need. Kind regards Uffex

  13. #13earthscratcher2024-01-01 10:38

    ok will let you know,, thank you

  14. #14earthscratcher2024-01-30 01:16

    ok the valve make and model is Parker 1c-7077, the orange middle left pictured is the locking line, need to power up valve tomorrow and that should switch flow to blue, which goes to manifold at stick and splits two ways. I did switch orange and blue at end of stick manifold, and the coupler did nothing, tried all hook ups possible wondering if cylinder coupler might be locked up?

  15. #15uffex2024-01-30 04:32

    Good day Made a search for that valve without luck, not to sure what you have. Kind regards Uffex

  16. #16earthscratcher2024-01-31 02:00

    powered up the valve and it supplied 5500 psi to blue so that would be hook open, every thing seems to be functioning just like hydraulic schematic shows.at the coupler end it has two little stubs that move the safety locks so two rods that travel with the cylinder can move to close cylinder and unlatch.only movement so far was a half inch to total close and it made a pretty good squeal. been soaking it down its been sitting for a while. with air number 1 dead heads 2 and 3 air feeds thru, applied pressure to number one only, nothing, to see if it would move lock pins 2 and 3 where unhooked, oil came dribbling out of number 2 hose unhooked.

  17. #17uffex2024-01-31 03:51

    Good day If you have a schematic please post it, we can help more with this information. Kind regards Uffex

  18. #18earthscratcher2024-02-01 21:27

    Uffex, every thing works has it should, pins were froze up. thank you

  19. #19jc41672026-01-10 14:11

    hey there, I just purchased the same coupler at auction for my Kobelco sk 135. I do not have any of the hydraulic valves. I am working on reverse engineering it to work but I'm not completely following what you did to hook it up. Is the valve supplying full pump pressure all of the time to the extend port on the cylinder? Or is it only supplying pump pressure when you activate the valve. I can get ahold of a 4 way two position valve and essentially plumb it like this but just tee the extend line to the line that third line the moves the locking pins out of the way.

  20. #20FWD2026-01-11 11:44

    Furukawa FRD is the company that took over the kent coupler. I have one of them on a ZX160 Hitachi and didn't have any instructions on operating it and got ahold of the company and they were great, told me what to do and I downloaded and printed instructions on operating it. FWD

  21. #21jc41672026-01-13 18:05

    Thanks for the reply I will look in to that!

  22. #22earthscratcher2026-01-14 00:29

    I think it supplies the pressure to unlock valve when I hit the esco unlock switch it only gives you some many seconds then it recloses, safety deal.

  23. #23earthscratcher2026-01-14 00:39

    sorry you have to hit esco unlock switch then apply full stick pressure back it then unlocks for so many seconds