Hello, New member and I'm trying to get an ID on some Kenworth Log & Dump Trucks that were used by Klickitat Log & Lumber Company in Klickitat, WA in the early 1960's. One person thinks the log truck is a model 888 but no idea on the dump trucks. Any Thoughts? Thanks, Richard Wilkens
Kw id Thanks for the GREAT pics, and Welcome to the forum railsnw! If you go to the Kenworth thread for 848--849--850 on post 46, 51, and post 223 you will see great examples of Kenworth 888's. They look remarkably similar to your pics of the two dump trucks. The experts on here will verify, but I believe that is what they are. Cool trucks. I don't know about the log truck, but someone on here will. Do you know any of the history of these trucks, years, serial #'s? Are any of them still around (real long shot I know).....? Do you know of any others? And finally, do you have any more pictures? Thanks again, and again, welcome to the forum.....enjoy your latest obsession!
Well i am not sure on the logger, But if you have a photo of the dumps from the rear will easily tell if it is a 888. All 888 were chain driven & utilized the same Knuckey chain drive as use on the WW2 M-26 Dragon Wagon.