Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kenworth T300 hour meter

ahart · 2022-01-15 11:27

I have a 2007 KW T300 with ISC Cummins that has no hour meter on the tach. Is the wiring standard to install a tach that has the hour meter or would I be better to install a separate hour meter?

Replies2
  1. #1Coaldust2022-01-15 15:51

    I don’t think it would be plug & play. Of course you could figure it out. Just time and money. Grab a couple wiring wiring diagrams from ECAT. The price of that new gauge will scare you, even if you can get one w/o a six month wait. Unless, you have a donor vehicle. I’d install a separate hr meter. 15 year old Kenworth dashes, in general, are a gamble every time I go into one. So much brittle plastic to break.

  2. #2ahart2022-01-15 20:32

    I figured it would be easiest just to install a separate hr meter. That’s probably how I’ll do it. Sure looks slick with it built into the tach though.