Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kenworth T800 with CAT C10 fuel burn rate

Hauler ยท 2014-05-23 03:18

Has anyone been running older dump trucks for ore hauling? I would like to get an idea of the average burn rates. I have a '98 Kenworth T800, with a 17' dump bed. I have been offered a nickle ore hauling contract; short distance, min 2 miles, max 4 miles from loading to off-loading; I have been looking for estimations of fuel burn rates for owners with trucks running similar operations. Thanks!

Replies1
  1. #1wilko2014-05-24 10:47

    It really depends on elevation change and how fast you get loaded and unloaded. My T800 with an N14-500 has a worst of 65 gallons a day (70 mile round trip, pulling it's guts out loaded and on the jake all the way back) and a best of about 10 gallons doing site work being loaded by a hoe digging to grade with the dump area a hundred yards away. That's a range of 8 gallons per hour down to a little over 1 gallon an hour. Over the course of a day it always works out to about 5.5 mpg.