hello everyone I'm at work on a Link-belt 145×3 I j7st got back to work from days off. I went to get in and the key won't turn. any thoughts on how to fix this
Same key you've always used? We have a linkbelt that has a picky key switch that you have to pull up on it a little while you turn the key to start. Some keys you have to hold your mouth just right to get it to turn. Seems to like factory keys best. Other than that look and see if somebody broke a key off in it or spilled their drink or something in it. Could be just plain wore out too. Junkyard
thank you junkyard for that. but it is the right key that came with track hoe. and there is not a key broken on the inside. it's like it's locked up can I spray some WD-40 IN THERE maybe
Try spray also Gently tapping the key with a hammer might let things fall into place
My 330LX only liked factory keys and would only allow some keys in one direction. As far as using WD-40 in a ignition lock, I would not, locksmiths love when folks do that as it it cleans any existing lube away and when it wears away rather quickly it allows more metal to metal wear (well, at least that is what my locksmith brother in law tells me). I would use a lube specifically designed for that use such as Houdini spray.
its possible that a pin was pushed in too far as the key was inserted and didn't spring out, apply a little lock lube and gently tap the cylinder without a key in place, work the key in and out with some extra lube and with good luck, the stuck pin will free up. Also gently working the key might help too.
wd40 Quick spray and you will be motoring.. all it takes is a bit of grit on key in your pocket to stop it turnin..