Anyone on the forum have any pics of Kiewit in action that they could share?
Mass X should have a few. I can probably snap some of the 23rd ave interchange they are doin here in Edmonton. What are ya lookin for?
I would like to see earthwork projects mainly, and some bridge building wouldn't be bad either. Thanks for the very quick response.
they came and did a presentation at an ASCE meeting here a few months ago...had some really neat pictures of some swing bridges they completed up in NYC. I wish i could find some of the pictures they showed us.
Kiewit I have to drive thru 15 miles of their current work everyday on Interstate 95 in Florida. They seem to have their act together as there are very few delays except for idiots who exceed the speed posted. It's a 15 mile widening to 6 Lanes with 3 overpass rebuilds and Concrete Median Barrier. It's interesting how many borrow pits (lakes) they've dug for materials. Once the bed is finished they pave with asphalt and then pour what looks to be 1 foot of concrete on top of it. It's going to be nice. Their operation seems to run 24 hours a day. The concrete dust is terrible (from all the sawing). Being flat here and mostly sand, this is probably easy work for them as it's happening fast. I notice they run rolling roadblocks from time to time to slow traffic. It's never stop and go 65 all the way thru it. Trucks passing thru are asked to use the inside lanes. I'd take a few pictures but there is no where to stop and most equipment work is at night.
Thanks for the information, I appreciate it!