Not my machine had a guy ask me if I could maybe help him get his loader out. Finally got it dug out with excavator back to level and pulled it out with that and a 360 horse steiger. The boom is basically all the way up.
Certainly looks like a case of “I think I can get a little closer” a little closer is usually a little too close before something bad happens…him trying to get it out on his own definitely didn’t help much either. At least it’s out though, doesn’t look like much more that his pride was hurt?
Love track loaders but they are pigs in soft ground. Looks like he broke the crust and got into the gumbo. What was he trying to do? Push that tree down?
He pushed the tree from the side I took the picture from. Nosed down in the muck and it got worse from there. They actually pulled it around with the tractor but that was it. Small river with solid gravel bar about 5 foot behind it. I never found bottom where he was stuck. Farmer that just bought the loader maybe 20 or 30 hours on any type machine like this total. Nice guy thou, I didn't mind helping him out. They are calling for heavy rains tonight and tomorrow so it had to come out today.
Now it makes sense. I was tip-toeing around saying what I thought in respect if it was a friend of yours. He should've never had that loader anywhere close to the edge of that stream. Good thing you were there to help him in out.
I'm guessing he thought the creek had the same rock bottom the river does. I kind of enjoy deals like this and he paid me real good, way more than I asked.
That’s great, he shoulda paid you more than you asked, especially with heavy rain on the way. Whatever he paid was a lot less than the loader would cost to replace….