Power steering does not work. When the hydraulics work they are slow. After the hydraulics get warmed up they cut out and stop working. Filters are new and oil is at proper level. Any ideas on the cause of this?
I've got a 2003 Kioti DK65C. Sounds similar to what happened to mine. Hydraulics were slow and got much worse as it warmed up. I had to replace the hydraulic pump. I am by no means an expert, but I was told that since my machine had a hydraulic gear pump, it wore out because I was having issues with air getting into the system-cavitation. Don't know what year your machine is or what pump it has, but the pump cost me around 3k, just for the pump, not including labor. If you do have to replace the pump, let me know. I found them from an supplier for around 1k and bought a couple. Exact match. You might want to try the tractorbynet.com forums, they have a section on Kioti tractors.
Looks like I need that pump. Where did you find aftermarket.
I got it from a company called Power Systems Phone No. 952-361-6800. While looking for the information I remembered that I had someone who worked at an equipment manufacturing company order it for me. I gave him the old pump and he found this place and ordered it for me. If you have difficulty with them I have 2 new pumps and would be willing to sell you one, if you are comfortable with that. I'll try to include a picture with the numbers on one of the pumps. That might help you find it somewhere else if need be, assuming it is the same pump on your machine.
How much do you want for one attatched is part number of mine.
Looks like the same one. I'll sell you one for $1100-shipping included. I don't know the best way to handle the transaction that protects both of us. Any ideas? My wife suggested paying through paypal friends and family?
I could do PayPal for it. Not family and friends only because no buyer protection. Does that work for you? Unbelievable this pump cost over 2 k at dealer.
Did you try doing a google search for "66614680"? There are a couple companies selling the pump. You would need to contact them to get a price.
I ended up finding pump for 700 dollars thanks for the help. Now the hydraulics work on loader and 3pt hitch. The steering still works hard. Also the pto turns off randomly. Any idea what could cause this?
Wow, glad you found the pump! Great price. I do seem to remember having an issue with the power steering years ago and there was some kind of an adjustment(relief valve?) that increased the pressure/flow to the ps pump. Unfortunately I can't remember where is is. It was years ago and I'm old, lol. I do remember being told to be careful to adjust it a small amount at a time and drive it around to see if it's where you want it. If you go too far you could damage the pump. Sorry I can't be much help with the pto, I guess the easiest things to check are the switches for loose wires etc.
I think when I get my dk65 to the shop they will find the same problem as you were having. Can you point me to who you purchased your pump from?
Zwei Inc pump cost about 800 dollars shipping included. Dealer wanted 2400 for it.
Doug580l, do you still have a pump that you are willing to sell?
I do not
Still have one you are willing to sell? Looks like they are on back order at the distributor
Thanks