I have ZERO paperwork on this contraption. JKT19134 C4.4 with active: 3361-5 DEF injector current below normal 5246-15 SCR operator inducement-least severe level 5246-16 SCR operator inducement-moderately severe level 5246-0 SCR operator inducement-data valid but out of range Logged: 3361-6 DEF injector current above normal Def injector 6.5 ohm. Harness tests good to DCU. No contamination of connector. It appears that I need ET & a password to clear the codes and perform a DEF test. I only have TEXA. As soon as I cleared them, they came right back. Is there a workaround for needing a password/ ET to reset it? Is there an online source for at least an operator's manual? I can't find it. Parts manual? Service manual? Kleeman dealer seems oblivious as to servicing the Cat. Can't find in service date on C4.4 on SIS. Cat dealer didn't have warranty answers either. I'm new here and no one could answer even when it was put in service. Do industrial Cat engines have emissions warranty? Is it handled by Kleemann or Caterpillar?
No warranty from dealer. Such confidence building in next generation of owners. Poor companies with little care about their customers. Too busy looking at some government contract.? At least you provide some information and still care. Simon C
Def injector should be 6to8ohm. This one tested at 6.5ohm at the injector and at the DCU connector. After going through hoops, Caterpillar figured out it was still in warranty, after we dug out the initial RTO paperwork. Kleemann dealer couldn't find in service date. Cat guy showed up today. After testing the same as I did, he swapped the injector and it has since run the rest of the day. No idea why it was in spec yet flagged by the DCU. The injector access definitely required thinking outside the box, and two people as the enclosure wasn't designed with access to that in mind. And a call to Kleemann in Tennessee yielded digital parts and ops manuals. Why the dealer couldn't is beyond me.
The Ohm meter test could pass yet still fail under load. If an Ohm meter test is way out you know something is fault in the coil. But some coils can only be verified under load with a multimeter on DC Volts. How much is it suppose to be though, is where you need some previous to failure information recorded. Another working unit is very handy to figure things out. Simon C