Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco 135 SR excavator will not start

Rod Watson · 2022-08-31 10:12

I feel like it’s in the wiring.Not sure! If I bypass the the solenoid the gauges work.If I don’t pass the solenoid,Nothing.I have replaced the solenoid,Starter has been gone threw ,The batteries are holding 24 volt.Thank ideas?

Replies24
  1. #1anwat2022-09-03 02:36

    you have got to check ,if there is any trouble code pops up in the monitor panel screen , before continuing further detail investigation regarding the issue

  2. #2Rod Watson2022-09-03 03:19
  3. #3Rod Watson2022-09-03 03:41

    Thank you for you response.Short of sounding like a winer about my situation with this machine I'm in a mess with this purchase.The tractor is strong and operates good.I was told when I put the down payment on it two known issues with it would be fixed.The key cut off and the monitor panel screen .The screen is dark and looks sun faded so I can't see a code if it did pop up. This has been a year now and I'm having a hard time with my financer .At this point I'm trying to fix it myself for my invested interest.There's days I wake up and want to tell him to take the thing back because I can't get any help from the guy and a.m 's like this can't sleep over it.I have always ran John Deere with out monitors/computers with no problem fixing them.With Covid and the machine built in China I'm having trouble just finding a mechanic that works on Kobelco .Any information I can get from you guys to help me figure out this situation is much appreciated.I have already replaced several parts to try and fix the machine and frustrated.By the way I have it more then half way paid off.

  4. #4uffex2022-09-03 05:02

    Good day Rod I can hep you with the New Holland 135B version wiring diagrams if that will assit you with a fix. Kind regards Uffex

  5. #5Rod Watson2022-09-03 08:44

    Thank you for your response and time! Is that machine anything like a SR135Sk.I have never been a wire guy even on my John Deere .

  6. #6anwat2022-09-03 09:30

    that's been a tough situation rod, but at least you can have some insight in the future to deal with such case, anyway ,first i don't want to get it wrong , from your thread i got the machine was an excavator ,isn't it? or tractor ? give me some photos, so that i can give some hints which hopefully might help you sort out the issue

  7. #7Rod Watson2022-09-03 10:23

    Yes it is a excavator.

  8. #8Rod Watson2022-09-03 10:49

    Ok great!Im working on sending photos

  9. #9Rod Watson2022-09-03 11:01

    Ok great!Im working on sending photos .It is a excavator [ATTACH=f

  10. #10uffex2022-09-03 13:35

    Good day The attached may clarify what we are dealing with, do I understand it is not cranking? Kind regards Uffex

  11. #11uffex2022-09-03 14:06

    Good day Attached a wiring diagram of what I guess you have, first check out the battery's just because you have 24 volts does not mean you can discount that the problem is at the beginning, I know auto electrics are not good news for many folk, but a multi meter can be bought for very low money while not being a luxury end of the market it is good enough for occasional use. If in doubt, change both with fully charged units, be sure that all connections are clean and secure. Follow the diagram beginning with the source and work along the cables. Kind regards Uffex

  12. #12Rod Watson2022-09-03 14:46

    Ok,I did check my batteries with 24 volt testerand had a load test.

  13. #13Rod Watson2022-09-03 15:05

    I'm out working without my glasses so when I get home this afternoon I will look at the diagram.Thank you again for your time

  14. #14Rod Watson2022-09-03 17:09

    I'm looking at that diagram and I'm looking at two things and I'm thinking I need to check the alternator relay and is this showing two fuse boxes ?I have only seen one fuse box.

  15. #15uffex2022-09-04 09:00

    Good day Rod For sure check it out that would prevent cranking of the engine. I assume we only have the one fuse box I would be inclined to give the relay a false ground and try the machine. Kind regards Uffex

  16. #16uffex2022-09-04 09:14

    Good day The attched came to hand please check to see if yours is good. Kind regards Uffex

  17. #17Rod Watson2022-09-04 09:28

    This is the fuse box that is on the machine.I’m not sure that this is correct or not.The fact that I have always had to shut the machine down with the kill switch makes we wonder Going to check this .thank you Sir

  18. #18uffex2022-09-04 13:07

    Good day Rod I will try to get diagrams applicable to your particular machine and come back with better information. Kind regards Uffex

  19. #19anwat2022-09-04 22:50

    Hi rod, send me your email , i can send you the service manual for your excavator model Wish it may solve your problem

  20. #20Rod Watson2022-09-05 04:29

    That would be great! [email protected]

  21. #21Rod Watson2022-09-05 04:43

    One thing I know I’m not a wiring guy.I can do about anything with the undercarriage and hydro system .I ‘m .What ever its doing it’s done messed up three battery relays .I had my wife try and help me and I got her to touch the battery terminal and there is clicking in the compartment behind the battery compartment.i will send a picture tomorrow.I hope I’m giving you information that makes since.I am going to send off for a shop manual so I can study the system .I appreciate you sending me a copy .I want to thank you again for your help.

  22. #22anwat2022-09-05 11:19

    Rod, the manual sent to your mailbox, have a good day then

  23. #23Johnnypoppers llc2023-08-01 13:16

    New member on here- would it be possible for me to get a service manual? [email protected]

  24. #24Richie Ger2024-02-22 23:51

    Hallo anwat.. can i get a service manual? Thanks [email protected]