Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

kobelco 250 final dive

pamf ยท 2013-09-29 17:15

I have a 2001 kobelco 250 and one of the finals had a lot of metal in it so I pulled the cover off and put a jack under final to check for slop in the main bearing. it was still tight. I found out where the metal was coming from. The 4 allen bolts that hold the rear set of gears in are rubbing the housing for the front set of gears. everything seems tight. any ideas??

Replies8
  1. #1finaldrive2013-09-30 07:53

    Rebuild it

  2. #2pamf2013-09-30 21:48

    what do I rebuild in it? the final seemed tight except for the rubbing. also the kobelco mechanic I talked to said it cost more for parts to rebuild it then it dose a new final.

  3. #3theironoracle2013-09-30 22:29

    pamf, are the bolts loose? when you get "a lot" of metal in a final drive it typically ruins the surface of the gears anyways. if you disassemble clean and reassemble this thing and find nothing else you still probably have bad gears!!! it will work for you for who knows how long. taking advice from a guy named finaldrive about a fiinaldrive that probably won't benefit from it financially is probably a good bet, just saying...........TIO

  4. #4pamf2013-09-30 23:24

    thieronoracle I checked all the bolts they are tight. it was very fine metal all the surfaces appear it good shape. I have rebuilt a few john deere finals and also cat finals and I could clearly tell what was causing the problem(bearings ,broken shafts,broken gears. ect.) the kobelco final is new to me but seems that its something simple I could fix. I am just trying to find out what is causing it to push forward. kobelco mechanics are as rare as the sun in Washington

  5. #5excavator2013-10-01 02:13

    Where in Washington are you located?

  6. #6pamf2013-10-01 22:20

    excavator I am in the seattle area have any ideas what it could be?

  7. #7finaldrive2013-10-03 11:22

    Call Feenaughty Machinery in Portland. They are one of the best in the country with Kobelco. 503-282-2566

  8. #8excavator2013-10-03 19:27

    pamf, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do to help you out.