#1,336 Hello there, I have a Kobelco 80CS that after parked the Boom swivel will not move. Everything else is fine, however can not get the boom swivel to move with foot pedal. Sounds like its locks as you can here the engine bog when foot pedal is pressed. I have tried hitting the switch on left hand side, (release) however no luck. Anyone have any insite or a manual? if so aerooptic@gmail. com
Sounds like the lockout switch in not working or the solenoid isn’t working.
That’s what I’m thinking but strange it happened over two days? I don’t have a manual, how would I test both?
Well, the switch will be a simple normally open or closed, you can test that with an OHM meter with it disconnected, or with a test light. The lockout solenoid can be unplugged and test for OHMs across the terminals. Sometimes for a fast check, some solenoids can be checked for magnetism at end of solenoid, with something metal, as it’s just a magnet for a spool when energized.
I might be wrong but I think the boom swing on those you hold the button down and use the left joystick swing to swing the boom. I think the foot pedal is just axillary.
Check the swing lock pin first - sometimes these engage when parked and need to be physically released. Look for a metal pin near the boom swing mechanism that might be engaged. If that's not it, follow HarleyHappy's advice on testing the solenoid, but also check the hydraulic pressure to the swing circuit. Sometimes a clogged pilot filter or stuck relief valve can cause this exact symptom. The engine bogging down means it's trying to work but hitting resistance somewhere. If you're comfortable with basic hydraulics, bleed the pilot lines to the swing circuit - air locks can cause weird lockups after sitting idle.
do you know exactly which solenoid I’m to test? I can’t get my hands on a manual
Anybody have a manual for one of these?