Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco ed150 bladerunner

1fastmofo · 2019-01-26 16:31

I'm looking for experience from guys who have ran this machine. I started out on a bobcat 325x machine, small, underpowered but could handle most small jobs. Next was an abused kobelco 200lc powerful machine no complaints but too large to move around a jobs easily. I really want a machine that can be moved behind my ford 9000l tandem dumptruck. I just stumbled onto the bladerunner and I like what I see. I do remodels forecloseures and some new construction. So minimal land clearing, I've read of complaints on final grading but I do have a t190 bobcat all experience around one of these bladerunners is appreciated

Replies18
  1. #1Tags2019-01-26 18:32

    The ED150 Bladerunner is essentially an SK135SR with a six way dozer blade attached, heavier final drives and heavier track pads, the ED190 is essentially a 160 with the same things attached. The blade adds quite a bit of weight to each unit. I rented a pretty much new ED150 years ago for a house site for a month.My opinion is good for an excavator, awful for a dozer. It moves to slow to be efficient at dozing. Plus the blade sticks way out in front of you so it's not ideal to dig on the blade side of the machine. The other thing that bugged me was the blade had wings that had to be folded back to be legal transport width and folded out to make the blade cover the width of the tracks when angled, well the pins seemed to go in ok when the wings got folded out but after using it, getting dirt packed in everywhere those pins didn't want to budge, I cleaned everything the best I could, shook the blade, sprayed penetrating oil on em, I had to put a chain on them to the bucket to pull them out, not very convenient and quite time consuming , especially if you're going to move it a lot. I ended up buying a Kobelco SR115DZ set up with a long stick and an extra counterweight so it is pretty much speckd out like a 135 with a slightly shorter track frame. It's been a great machine for me and what I do, an occasional house site, drainage work, septic installs, and some stump jobs. I have a track skid steer that I mostly use for fine grading and rough everything out with the excavator. Hope this helps

  2. #21fastmofo2019-02-02 03:29

    I appreciate that, I recently got a bobcat t190 to add to my equipment. I'm still interested in the bladerunner as to I don't plan to do a lot of dozer work. I feel like a lot of my final grading can be done with the t190. Still looking for input, if I do get one I plan to get an older machine 40k or less

  3. #3Tags2019-02-02 09:15

    I guess what I'm really saying is this, I would get a true 160 size or 200 size machine instead of the Bladerunner. I think you could get either size cheaper than the Bladerunner and have more reach and power without the excess weight and maintainance of the blade.

  4. #4cuttin edge2019-02-02 16:04

    I could be wrong, but I was always told the blade on a hoe is only for stability and some light blading. Reason being that an escavator's undercarriage is not designed for it like a dozer is.

  5. #5Tags2019-02-02 20:35

    The Bladerunner doesn't have a knockdown blade like most excavators, it's got a full size, 6 way dozer blade, it is purpose built to excavate and doze. https://www.google.com/search?q=kob...g&biw=1024&bih=672&dpr=2#imgrc=KxWeN_hih83LjM

  6. #6heymccall2019-02-02 23:45

    Mine has the curved triple grousers. Almost impossible to tram cross slope in sloppy conditions, even shallow slopes. Triple grousers aren't best for dozing either. Our guys destroyed the blade wings years and years ago. It still acts like a boat anchor in soft soil, too. It's really not a bad machine, especially if you can only take one. Mine's out on rental right now, as no one here will run it...they run my 314dlcr & 314elcr machines instead. Only issue in 5k hours is these idiots beat with it so hard that they destroyed the bucket cylinder.

  7. #71fastmofo2019-02-06 23:03

    I'm leaning towards the ed190 or the 180, would love to obtain some seat time. I've never really seen the blade on my mini x as a problem. Keep the input coming guys

  8. #8rondig2019-02-07 00:58

    I had a blade runner as my "big" machine when i first started...i thought wooohooo 2 machines for the price of one...save on trucking...save on everything....well i am now older and wiser...i have a machine for each job now....it was WAY to heavy for what it could do....plus it was very hard to balance on a tag trailer....the blade sticks out to far...either too much weight on truck or too little weight on truck

  9. #91fastmofo2019-02-07 16:03

    Ron what model was yours

  10. #10rondig2019-02-07 16:19

    It was a 150 mid 2000's when i got it..

  11. #11rondig2019-02-07 16:21

    It was around 35000 lbs ...so on my tandem trailer...i had to get it just right.

  12. #12Wytruckwrench2019-02-07 20:02

    I have been thinking about a blade runner to plow snow with. Is that completely crazy?

  13. #131fastmofo2019-02-07 20:42

    Anyone ran a 180 or a 190?

  14. #14rondig2019-02-07 20:53

    Pushing snow is not crazy. Just expensive....and really really slow....we cleared some bush roads with ours....pushes really good but sooooo slow

  15. #15Wytruckwrench2019-02-07 22:10

    I had wondered how slow it would be.

  16. #16Tags2019-02-08 07:29

    It’s just as slow as an excavator moves normally, which is too slow when you’re dozing in my opinion. To the op, a 180 or 190 will be too heavy to pull on a 20 ton tag trailer, so you will need either a low bed or a three axle 25 ton tag trailer, plus I believe the machine will be over 8’6” wide, so over on legal width, but I’m not positive about that.

  17. #171fastmofo2019-02-08 08:41

    Do any of the newer bladerunners have a second speed? My mini x has a 2 speed...

  18. #18heymccall2019-02-08 12:13

    2mph in turtle, 4mph in rabbit. Drawbar pull of 32000# in turtle. My D4H has a max drawbar pull of 21000# @ 2mph. And can reach 5.9mph forward (7.7 in reverse)