Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco ED180

Timmydfj ยท 2013-03-05 10:37

My church has been blessed with the opportunity to use a kobelco ed180 for building a church camp. However, one of the actuators has quit extending. I am looking for a hydraulic schematic and an electrical diagram for the unit so I can help them to get it up and in use as quickly as I can. All functions on the unit are working with exception to the first actuator going up the arm from the cab. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies8
  1. #1MR. KOBELCO2013-03-05 11:57

    Hello Timmdfj! I am the northwest parts sale for kobelco in washington, hawaii, and alaska. I would love to help you out man. All i need is the serial number off the machine and i can email you the pictures. If you can't get it, i can take a shot based on the year in the dark at the right machine and get you something.

  2. #2Timmydfj2013-03-05 19:05

    Serial number YLU0133

  3. #3Timmydfj2013-03-07 10:07

    Serial number YLU0133

  4. #4grandkobelco2013-03-10 12:04

    I'm a little late in the conversation here but let me try to understand what your talking about, By actuator I assume you mean hyd cylinder. There are two of them that lift the main boom, one on top of the boom that moves the arm, and one on the arm that moves the bucket. If I have read your post right i'ts the cyl on top off the boom that moves the arm that has failed? All the other functions work ok? If this is the case you are looking at a very expensive repair, more than just replacing the cyl. And may have to be done by a mechanic familer with hyd systems.

  5. #5Timmydfj2013-03-10 18:27

    Grand kobelco you are correct with your understanding of my explanation. And I have come here to get a copy of the hydraulic schematics and wiring diagrams for this unit. I am no stranger to working with hydraulics. I am just trying to help my church out. My hydraulic experience is in aviation on helicopters and jets so I am not afraid of a complex repair.what worries me most is the lack of documentation on the unit and its system components.any help would be greatly appreciated.

  6. #6grandkobelco2013-03-12 06:04

    To start with, lift the hyd filter out of the hyd tank after releasing the pressure by pushing down on the button on top of the tank. The filter is under the round plate closest to the center of the machine. Inspect it for contamination, metal, ruber, nylon. Roll your sleave up and run your hand on the bottom off the filter housing and feel for metal. If you have massive cylinder damadge you will find evidence in the housing. I'll p/m you some info. wes

  7. #7nickolog2014-03-05 01:09

    Were You Able To Obtain A Wiring Diagram? Iam Having A Few Problems With Mine Also.

  8. #8nickolog2014-03-05 22:19

    hello. iam .looking for the ed180 wiring diagram as well. are you able to assist? thank you. my serial is ymd2pu0002f engine number e45932989