Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco Hydraulic Pump Question

Ncjetskier ยท 2023-07-13 15:07

Serial number YWU4681 So the new bolt in the picture located on the left of the pump came out and I replaced the bolt (8MM). It appears to be a way to make an adjustment to the pump (maybe pressure??). How do I know how to set the new bolt - meaning how far to turn the bolt in? Currently the machine bogs down when lifting a heavy load. Thanks for helping a jack leg fix his own machine (or at least try).

Replies5
  1. #1uffex2023-07-14 08:36

    Good day The adjustment affects the pump regulation point, you can roughly adjust measuring the drive sprocket speed, compare with the remaining regulator. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Ncjetskier2023-07-14 09:09

    Thanks for the reply. So the part number 627 is the bolt and adjusting it will either create additional load on the engine (maybe to the point of too much load on the engine) or lessen the load on the engine but you will loose hydraulic pressure? Am I thinking correctly?

  3. #3uffex2023-07-14 10:20

    Good day I would suggest that adjustment of pump regulation is not so good idea, that adjuster controls the spring tension which is then reacting against three pistons (621). Disturbing the adjustment may well have an adverse effect on other functions. If your machine is overloading the engine, it could be caused by external relief system or simply low engine power. Im not so sure which Kobelco you have, if you can elaborate I will try to help some more. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4Ncjetskier2023-07-14 10:23

    Kobelco SK 200LC. The bolt pictured fell off the machine and was gone. When we were working on the machine, the mechanic noticed the bolt missing. We put a new bolt in, I don't know how much to screw it in.

  5. #5uffex2023-07-14 10:33

    Good day Both the pump regulators are controlling the point the pumps move the swash from max. to min. displacement (Flow). In your circumstances, I would use a vernier to measure the other regulator, carefully unscrew the stud and measure the distance hidden in the regulator body. Use this as a starting point on the regulator that has been disturbed. Do you have a hydraulic schematic for the machine you can share? Kind regards Uffex