Can someone help me figure out way my in cab monitor went from reading all vitals on my excavator to reading nothing. No engine temp, no fuel level indicator, its not even recording hrs. Where should I start looking? Thanks '91 kobelco
Try starting with the fuses. Check position on fuse holder for cluster fuse( 5 amp) and cluster room light fuse (15 amp). Kind regards
All fuses are good, sorry it took so long to get back. There is power to the display. Auto Accel gets a green light, then nothing. Hr meter comes up, but continues to read 0.0. No fuel or engine temp ready or nor anything on the digital display. I recently switched out the display because the old one was so hard to read from sun bleaching. locally the crew that typically can fix those displays said it was too old to fix. Old display wasn't working at that time either.
Im not opposed to the rd tech coming out to resolve or ID the issues. I was trying to work thru it myself with some helpful advice.
I will do some digging around in the manual and see if I can get you any information that may be of help. Kind regards
Much appreciated! Thanks.
Hi Apologies for the late reply. The only information I can provide you is based of the -3 models as I do not specifically have a manual on the -4 version. Please find attached an electrical diagram and connection and location diagram for the cluster and cab components. I would advise checking power supply and ground connections to the cluster display controller (item 30). If you need more help try reaching out to this forum member who has a vast amount of technical knowledge on Kobelco systems and machinery, see below... @LACHAU Kind regards
Thank you for the help!
In cab display monitor is not working, I can not find a broken wire. Being that the new monitor is a little different from the original (which they dont make anymore). I purchased what was "supposed to be the aftermarket replacement". Any chance the CPU, that is bolted to the console that house all the wiring, needs to be updated as well? I not referring to the CPU bolted to the cab floor under the seat. Conversation with the field Tech, he wondered if maybe replacing the CPU would fix the issue, since it would be newer software similar to the new display. The old display was analog hrs, digital fuel, and engine temp. The new display is digital hrs, but only uses led lights to illuminate fuel level and engine temp. I have power to it. My Auto Accel lights up, then goes off immediately once the machine starts up. I plugged back in the old monitor, it has no life to it as well. It might log hrs, not sure. lots of random thoughts here if anyone can follow them This all started from me driving at angle across a shelled corn field in late January on a frozen day. lots of bouncing around rocking back and forth. The old display was working, and then it just fizzed out completely after that trip. Lots of bumps and vibration in the trip.
sometimes what I have found is that the monitor will display CPU Error or something similar if the monitor loses serial communication with the main controller (under the seat) or the gauge cluster controller (on the cover panel that exposes the throttle lever and linkages). The power and ground supply for the monitor may be supplied via the gauge cluster controller so this controller could be giving problems or its power supply connections could be at fault. It looks to be item 30 in the pdf I had attached in the pervious post.
That was my next purchase. I grabbed part #s off of that CPU last evening. It was my next step working backwards. however, figured it wouldnt hurt to throw a post out there and see if any different thoughts came up. The old monitor is sun bleached from years of its previous owner, and can no longer be read for any codes what so ever. Of course that monitor is no longer supported on the aftermarket side or the OEM side, since the machine was built in '91. I purchased the new monitor, which is supposed to be the direct replacement of the old, obviously from my previous statement, that didnt work either. So time to keep digging and work my way back. Thanks again for your time!
I have been battling my 1990 kobelco sk 60 with the EXACT! same issue, has power and ground to the cpu controller, my part# on my old cpu matches new ones on ebay but has an extra pigtail coming out of the box mine does not. this has been bugging me for years now
SINOcmp.com has got me the exact match of CPU I needed. It arrived yesterday. Having heard your complaint on the additional pigtail, I scrolled thru their site, input my part #s, too see what matched to theirs, and lone behold, my old CPU matched up to what you where talking. So I took pictures, reached to them regarding what their website matches me against, compared to what I needed. They took my parts numbers, requested a pic of my CPU and Cab monitor. They apologized for the website not relaying the definite match, but shot me a pic of the box in inventory, pulled from the shelf, they took the CPU out the box, showing it matched mine. The guy emailed me personally requesting additional info. I will plug and play this weekend and see what comes of it. Obviously at this point, with a new display, and new cpu, something good comes out, or I keep moving back down the list.
I replaced as stated earlier the cpu inside the control panel next to the seat, and wouldnt you know! If fixed my issues! IN cab display monitor works again! I even plugged in my old one just for the sake of it, and it came back to life as well, even the the screen is bleach out beyond belief and no longer legible.
Thanks for posting what solved it. Simon C
Good details of problem and how you resolved the issue...thanks for posting the resolution...it will help someone else later.