Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco k907lc

Walkerfarms ยท 2015-03-26 15:06

I just took a new job working for a construction company. They have a kobelco 907 with a bad final drive. This excavator stays in the pit to fill trucks it only move about 10-20 feet a year. They can not find a final drive for it and also do not want to spend much on it. I should be able to just cap the final off and loop the lines back to the pump right? Like I said it only moves 10-20 feet a year. They just want one side to work and we can use the boom to drag the other side. Thought and ideas please

Replies2
  1. #1lantraxco2015-03-26 15:24

    Crude, but effective. Yes, that will work. I shudder to think what the rest of the equipment is like, be watchful of safety issues lad.

  2. #2Walkerfarms2015-03-26 17:38

    Thanks for the info, He rest of equipment is not that bad. They have never had a full time mechanic. It's a good company young and growing, good opertunitys to come I hope